Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how many want to quit?

Not to be nosy, Catherine, but has the BIL issue totally resolved itself? When are you finally free? That will be such a load off your shoulders that you may be surprised at how revitalized you become.

ZG, all any of us can do, is make our best effort. You are invaluable in your role at present. No matter what anyone else does, you are employed doing important work meeting community needs. If the job satisfies your current requirements, ignore what everyone else is saying about quitting and carry on as best you can. Persist in trying to get extra help though.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I feel lucky in a way that I don't have to "quit." For me to quit I'd simply just stop taking projects. Thanks to my rough couple of weeks with more to come the thought of taking down my shingle becomes tempting. I really love market research. If I could do it in a vacuum and not have to dance to the beat of demanding clients, it would be just fine. I was just spinning over in my head the idea of doing secondary research instead of primary research, where I would do my own study and then write the results and sell it.

But then I think, I'm just kind of tired right now. After next week I should probably be in a better spot in terms of workload. Now that BIL's house will be sold and I'll be just about debt free, maybe I can think about trying to stick to one project a month on average. Right now I'm doing double that.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Not to be nosy, Catherine, but has the BIL issue totally resolved itself? When are you finally free? That will be such a load off your shoulders that you may be surprised at how revitalized you become.
    Closing this week! Will be paying off nearly all debt. Plan to be completely debt free in six months or less.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Catherine that is great, what a huge process for everyone

I have done a little study on NVC, took professional mediation training and have studied with a group on facilitation for 3 years. So I feel very strong in many areas. One thing that affects me is that I do not take over when it is not my role. That means if someone is leading a meeting or conversation badly and they are my boss I feel stuck about what to do. I am going to re-visit my NVC book and notes on some things. I think it is best to make my goal to just get through this, and let go of the goal of changing everything for the better. I don't even know I am holding onto that goal. Being aware and conscious that I am holding onto a lot of responsibility to make things better not just at my site but overall (this just happened in the last 24 hours really) could make a big difference. We will see.

Meanwhile I took yesterday afternoon off to set up for Maker Faire, I heard my most immature staff person refused to do the task I left for her and tore up my list that had a task for everyone. I may be very short staffed after our conversation on Monday.

Thread Information