Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend Bookmarking, Anyone?

1) yardwork goal 3 5 gallon buckets of pebbles picked up. Ive done two so far. DONE
    2. Enjoy fire (I've prepped it and cleaned) DONE X 2 because I got to enjoy a fire at Bennett as well
    3. Go meet parents at Bennett Springs. DONE We had a nice visit at their campsite, walked at the spring and river, dinner at the lodge, fire at the campsite
    Last edited by Float On; 10-16-17 at 10:03am.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Yppej
    Yardwork, errands, and dealing with consumer hassles including Equifax done.

Tomorrow I visit my parents and relax.

Both days I will walk.

This is my pattern with more down time on Sundays so I am rested when I go back to work.

1. Charity quilt group-turn in 3 and get my $15 voucher. Spend that along with the $30 from the prior 2 meetings where I also turned in 3 each.
    2. Grocery Store for the 1st time in October. Get ingredients from Polish Cabbage and Hamburger Stew as well as ground beef/turkey/It sausage for freezer quick meals.
    3. Wash up the fabric I bought. (5yards of focus fabric for 5 quilts). This cost me $6.32
    4. Plan the quilts and cut this stuff up!
    5. 1 more load of laundry and I'm done for the week.
    6. Cook up everything listed in #2.

I think all this WILL get done by the time I go to bed Sunday night

A little late, but I want to do these on Sunday, as I don't work on Sunday, and these are fun:

1.Start new mitten pattern for g'daughter for Christmas present.

2.Set up bridge on cello if I can. If unsuccessful, plan to take it to luthier this week.

3.Practice another 30 minutes on violin--already played 15 minutes.

4. Cut two dogs' toenails.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    In addition to my usual weekend tasks (housework, laundry, strip/make bed, houseplant care, lettuce/salads for work week, trim cats' claws), I would like to accomplish the following:
    Complete at least 6 work-related tasks
    Wash at least 5 windows
    Wash a batch of curtains
    Wash at least 4 window screens
    Cut back huge Baptisia plants in the garden
    Root cuttings from my wonderful Plectranthus "Mona Lavender" plant
    Update: I did all the regular weekend tasks, plus washed 9 windows, 2 batches of curtains, & 4 screens. DH cut back the Baptisia. I only did 3 work-related tasks and did not root the cuttings yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    1.Start new mitten pattern for g'daughter for Christmas present.

2.Set up bridge on cello if I can. If unsuccessful, plan to take it to luthier this week.

3.Practice another 30 minutes on violin--already played 15 minutes.

4. Cut two dogs' toenails.
    Did numbers 2, 3, and 4, although need to do one paw a day on the terrier, so need to keep that one on list. Did not start the new mitten pattern, but carried it all around in the car. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by ejchase View Post
    Anybody else want to set some priorities for the weekend, then report back on Sunday or Monday how we did?

Here are mine:

Grade 18 essays
    Walk my neighborhood loop three times
    Do five hours of tidying up/cleaning/decluttering in my house

There are a zillion other things I need to do, but if I complete those three, that's good.
    I didn't really factor in all the other things I had to do this weekend like laundry and grocery shopping, and a going-away party came up at the last-minute on Sunday afternoon, but I did manage to get 14 essays graded, to walk my neighborhood loop twice, and to do 2.5 hours of tidying up around the house which made a huge difference.

I also discovered a few techniques that really helped:

Setting benchmarks - I knew I would REALLY be tempted to procrastinate on this particular batch of essays, so not only did I set a goal for doing a certain number each day of my three-day weekend (6), but I also set goals like "I will have three essays graded by 11 a.m., and all 6 completed by 1 p.m." Cleaning and tidying is one way I avoid grading, but these benchmarks forced me to face the essays, which really needed to be a higher priority.

Allowing myself baby steps - A lot of the decluttering and tidying I did I did in 15 minute timer spells, which worked great. Also, even when I didn't have a long stretch of time to grade (because I had to be somewhere), sometimes I told myself, "You can get one more essay graded before you leave." This really helped.

Thanks to everybody who joined in on this challenge. It was nice to have company!

I did all I said but admittedly I didn't heavily schedule and I didn't want to. Also saw my mom and went to an indigenous people's celebration. No pickled green beans to be had, and picked up something at the thrift as well though while leaving stuff there, two steps forward, one step back, at that rate.
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 10-16-17 at 1:48pm.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Continue packing books, pay bills, pick up Amazon Locker package, make bone broth...
    Got three out of four done; bone broth today. Got some major grocery shopping done.

I have 4 hours volunteer work I need to complete today, cleaning out community gardens for the winter, as part of my Master Gardener program. DONE

Also
    --Make client changes to a presentation I have to give on TuesdayDONE
    --Make edits to a discussion guide for ethnographies I'm doing next weekDONE
    --Start a report for another projectNOT YET
    --Clean the house KITCHEN AND BATHROOM ONLY
    --Help BIL pack so he can have everything OUT of the house by Monday night. NOT SUNDAY, BUT PROGRESS TODAY
    --Read for pleasure NOPE
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information