Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Thinking I might retire on 12/1!

I clearly remember the morning after I retired. I slept in. I woke up and the sun was peeking through my window blind. The first thing I did was smile so hard my face hurt. I log rolled over on my side, sat up and placed my feet on my little bedside rug that lay on our hardwood floor. I let out an audible chuckle and then began guffawing. Throwing my arms into the air, I started shouting....”Yes! Yes! Yes!” over and over.

I went out to the kitchen and cooked my self up a bacon and eggs breakfast and brewed coffee. And that’s probably the most I got accomplished all day long.

I hope you have a memorable day today Rosa!

Congratulations, Rosa! You will LOVE it, I'm sure. As a teacher my retirement didn't kick in until after the summer. I clearly remember the early days in August the year we (both husband and I taught and retired at the same time) retired and KNEW I did not have to go to school, set up my room on my own time, plan, learn names, go to a single meeting! It was joyous. We scheduled a trip to Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island for the first week of school that Sept. Every year in August I get Williamsmith's feeling! Yay!!!

Congratulations! I understand that, for many, retirement doesn't feel like retirement at first -- it feels like a very long vacation. But eventually you will feel retired and it will be great!
    If Americans expended even a fraction of the energy on civic engagement that we spend on consumer ideology, our democracy would be much healthier. Can you imagine people camping out to vote? -- Charles Roberts, Amherst, Mass., Nov. 25, 2006

Yay, good for you!

Thanks everyone. Feeling like I'm on a very long vacation won't be hard to take either.

Congratulations!!!

Seems today is a day of congratulations around here. It's great.

VERY happy for you!

Enjoy!

Congrats to you!

Woo hoo! Congrats! Bet it feels wonderful!