Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Thinking I might retire on 12/1!

Williamsmith
    I clearly remember the morning after I retired. I slept in. I woke up and the sun was peeking through my window blind. The first thing I did was smile so hard my face hurt. I log rolled over on my side, sat up and placed my feet on my little bedside rug that lay on our hardwood floor. I let out an audible chuckle and then began guffawing. Throwing my arms into the air, I started shouting....”Yes! Yes! Yes!” over and over.

I went out to the kitchen and cooked my self up a bacon and eggs breakfast and brewed coffee. And that’s probably the most I got accomplished all day long.

I hope you have a memorable day today Rosa!

Congratulations, Rosa! You will LOVE it, I'm sure. As a teacher my retirement didn't kick in until after the summer. I clearly remember the early days in August the year we (both husband and I taught and retired at the same time) retired and KNEW I did not have to go to school, set up my room on my own time, plan, learn names, go to a single meeting! It was joyous. We scheduled a trip to Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island for the first week of school that Sept. Every year in August I get Williamsmith's feeling! Yay!!!

Congratulations! I understand that, for many, retirement doesn't feel like retirement at first -- it feels like a very long vacation. But eventually you will feel retired and it will be great!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yay, good for you!

Thanks everyone. Feeling like I'm on a very long vacation won't be hard to take either.

Geila
    Congratulations!!!

Seems today is a day of congratulations around here. It's great.

VERY happy for you!

Yppej
    Enjoy!

Congrats to you!

Woo hoo! Congrats! Bet it feels wonderful!

Thread Information