Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 years and counting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

20 years and counting

I've been with my husband for two decades! As I realize that now, where has time gone? How many years has it been for you two? Stronger or on the rocks? Is there anyone here who also feel the same?
    Was it worth it? Regrets? Plans?

I'm in a chatting mood

27 married 31 more or less together. Life is good! One of the best decisions I ever made. We are enjoying being “empty nesters” and really looking forward to nailing that down when Dd graduates in may. I’lll probably box up her stuff at Christmas time since her last visit she claimed the nicest guest room instead of staying in the room that was hers the last few years.

another decade or so? Until he retires, looking forward to grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    27 married 31 more or less together. Life is good! One of the best decisions I ever made. We are enjoying being “empty nesters” and really looking forward to nailing that down when Dd graduates in may. I’lll probably box up her stuff at Christmas time since her last visit she claimed the nicest guest room instead of staying in the room that was hers the last few years.

another decade or so? Until he retires, looking forward to grandchildren.
    ohhh!!! is it like honeymoon stage all over again? we have 5 kids but all of them are below 18 except for our eldest. she's in college and finishing up accountancy.
    grandchildren are the best! they keep your stress levels down and now i understand, grandparents are indeed spoilers!

Married 35 years within the week. The first five were h.e.l.l. We were both unprepared to share life. Counselling and stubbornness helped. Happy now, but also can't believe how much time goes on. So many of our peers didn't make it through their first marriage and by this point are on second, third or more !

Two adult kids who each have three kids, and we absolutely love being grandparents.

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    Married 35 years within the week. The first five were h.e.l.l. We were both unprepared to share life. Counselling and stubbornness helped. Happy now, but also can't believe how much time goes on. So many of our peers didn't make it through their first marriage and by this point are on second, third or more !

Two adult kids who each have three kids, and we absolutely love being grandparents.
    i will have to agree with you since my mom is in her third marriage now.... my baby sister's marriage is her first but she is the current wife. her husband divorced the first one.

what kind of counselling, may i ask? i am really contemplating on doing the online counselling thing - and no - we're not in bad shape right now, but he is depressed and i dont know how to help him :-(. i saw this couples therapy ad online.

https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/th...-therapy-work/

not to sure if it will work for us or not, still reading on personal testimonies.
    and a big CONGRATS for the 35 years, from the bottom of my heart. i just hope we can survive up to that level or maybe more.

Our 41st anniversary is coming up in a few weeks. In the early days, it took us a few years to learn how to live together, how to compromise, but the rest of that time has been heaven on earth.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Our 41st anniversary is coming up in a few weeks. In the early days, it took us a few years to learn how to live together, how to compromise, but the rest of that time has been heaven on earth.
    may i ask what made it heaven on earth for you both? thank you and KUDOS for 41 years. imo, you look young Alan! did you marry in your teens?

Heh. Newlyweds here: 7 years married; 10 together. Second marriage for both of us. Wish it had been the first but we weren't the same people back then so who knows if it would have worked? (I can say, though, that I would not have provided her ex's reason for a divorce.) It's good and it has been since the beginning, largely because we learned how to live with someone else during Marriages #1. Plans? Till death do us part. Neither one of us is going anywhere.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Heh. Newlyweds here: 7 years married; 10 together. Second marriage for both of us. Wish it had been the first but we weren't the same people back then so who knows if it would have worked? (I can say, though, that I would not have provided her ex's reason for a divorce.) It's good and it has been since the beginning, largely because we learned how to live with someone else during Marriages #1. Plans? Till death do us part. Neither one of us is going anywhere.
    so sweet! i guess you're right. it's maturity i think and the willingness to make it work. and maybe the fact that this is the "right" person. hey, 7 is a good number! i know some who don't go past their 2nd year. too bad

44 here, no kids, happy. I thought I was very independent and am now realizing I need my husband and enjoy being a couple. It was the best decision I ever made and we often discuss how lucky we are.

Thread Information