Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mouse Holocaust

Since this thread has come back to life, I will note that the Tomcat traps have caught more mice. One thing I'm noting, though, (SPOILER ALERT) is that the Tomcats

seem to cut deeper than the blunt metal of the Victor traps. There were a few bodies that -- umm -- bled out some, requiring cleanup besides the body. Still easier to use than the Victors, though.
    If Americans expended even a fraction of the energy on civic engagement that we spend on consumer ideology, our democracy would be much healthier. Can you imagine people camping out to vote? -- Charles Roberts, Amherst, Mass., Nov. 25, 2006

Eeeww, Steve. My husband doesn't like TomKats because we haven't had much luck catching mice with them. He swears by Victor.

I like my live-catch box but I have to say I almost feel worse throwing them out into the elements than I do just ending it for them once and for all. I've had to walk back a couple of mice to the creek, and I put them down in places where there are high grasses to protect them, and I throw in a a few snacks for the road.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I struggle with this issue. We've had many pet rodents over the years and love all animals; are vegetarians. We've used both the humane traps and the "classic" traps, and poison. I won't use poison anymore because of the possibility of one of my pets getting out of its cage and ingesting the poison (this happened with our dog about 20 years ago and you don't wanna know about it, believe me. He did survive, however.). At this point we are down to using the Victor brand trap, and I usually cry every time we catch one of the little critters. I just hate killing anything.

Anything except centipedes.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalone View Post
    I struggle with this issue. We've had many pet rodents over the years and love all animals; are vegetarians. We've used both the humane traps and the "classic" traps, and poison. I won't use poison anymore because of the possibility of one of my pets getting out of its cage and ingesting the poison (this happened with our dog about 20 years ago and you don't wanna know about it, believe me. He did survive, however.). At this point we are down to using the Victor brand trap, and I usually cry every time we catch one of the little critters. I just hate killing anything.

Anything except centipedes.
    Centipedes Lives Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Centipedes Lives Matter.

Yes, they do.

Mosquitoes?