Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mouse Holocaust

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    It shouldn’t be too puzzling to remove the outer cover and take a look see. My guess is you got a dead mouse inside. Clean it out good and seal up the gas line hole with some of that foam insulation spray. Those little buggers can really stink when they go to mouse heaven,
    Thanks for the advice. Maybe that's what we'll do, although I'm going to put DH in charge. The thought of looking in there and not knowing what I'll see really grosses me out.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Our friend found out the mice ate all the insulation inside his seldom-used oven. He had to buy a new one.

Mouse poop/pee does smell, but like Williamsmith said, it sounds like you got a dead mouse somewhere.

Yppej
    Two more mice trapped since our mouseproofing project. I am stumped how they are getting in the house.

A coworker's mechanic found one nesting in the napkins she had stashed in her glove box.

I hate these beasts.

I actually took Williamsmith's advice and had DH open up the back of the stove. There was some yukkiness in there, which I cleaned out thoroughly.

Tonight we preheated the oven for pizza, and it smelled fine!!! I think we got it! But I still want to call an expert to come in to tell us how to prevent future infestations. I'm sure they're getting in through the basement.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information