Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: three simple things a day

Yppej
    I let work pile up on my desk rather than try to get it all in before the daily close. People keep interrupting me and I am not allowed to put my phone on do not disturb.

Also put off getting gas until the morning.

Yesterday I bought more bras so I won't have to laundry so often/do partial loads.

I am so ready for the Thanksgiving break.

Okay, so I TOTALLY overestimated what I would be up to getting done tonight.

Grade four essays - I DID THREE
    Spend two hours on electronic gradebook - TOO TIRED, BUT I DID ABOUT TWENTY MINUTES
    Walk and stretch - DIDN'T DO IT

The 20 minutes on the gradebook was enough time to input two sets of quiz grades, so I'm glad I pushed myself to do that much.

I'll try another three tomorrow!

Good work EJ, just tackling the gradebook is a success!

Thanks, nswef! I definitely believe baby steps are better than nothing.

For today:

Grade 3-4 more essays

Finish inputting grades for all 102 journal entries on online garbed and input 101 Essay 2 grades on online garbed

Put away laundry

This thread is super timely for me. Mostly I don't have a lot of stuff I want to do at home. I work hard, as does SO, and I figure it's a good week when I can just get the laundry done.

But next week is thanksgiving and I've taken the week off from work. While it's tempting to just sit and read library books I'm now inspired to plan some goals. My three goals:

1. figure out how to make and use a remote desktop on my computer. I looked into and read an article about this a year ago and haven't gotten past the initial steps. If I succeed in this goal I will be able to do my banking on a remote desktop by the end of the week.

2. Make a big pan of lasagna and freeze it in individual pieces. I hate spending money buying lunch at work and need to get back in the habit of having food I can just grab and go. I'm sure I can do this. I just need to spend the time to make it happen.

3. My last doc exam basically said that I need to be getting more exercise to slow/stop the progression of an assortment of common health issues that affect people as they get into their 50's and older. Goal for the coming week that I'm home is to climb the nearby massive outdoor staircase at least 4 times each day with the plan of continuing to do this when I go back to work the week after thanksgiving.

Okay, I stumbled on Thursday:

Grade 3-4 more essays I DID ONE

Finish inputting grades for all 102 journal entries on online garbed and input 101 Essay 2 grades on online garbed DIDN'T DO IT BUT PUT IN TWO MORE SETS OF QUIZZES FRIDAY MORNING

Put away laundry DID FRIDAY MORNING

Thread Information