Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reccomend a manual can opener

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Today I was cookng up stuff for the freezer and opened several cans, and this opener worked pretty well. Hmm, maybe I will srick with it for a whlle.

Jane, there were a few negative reviews on
    Amazon for this item that expressed mu exact opinion (that this new design sucks and now it is cheap made in China crap ) but the vast majority were positive reviews. I dont know what to make of this. I suppose this is just one more thing to look out for in vintage wares.
    I've resorted to that lately...

I think maybe not everyone is that picky about can openers. Does it open cans? Oh good.

I have two EZ-DUZ-IT can openers (gotten new on Amazon) I've had for about 2 years, they are just traditional can openers. They do seem to have a tendency to rust, but it doesn't seem to effect their performance, they still open cans, better than most of the supermarket/big box stuff anyway.
    Trees don't grow on money

I used a Swing-a-Way manual opener that worked well for many years, but I prefer the smooth edge model.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I used a Swing-a-Way manual opener that worked well for many years, but I prefer the smooth edge model.
    Included in Amazon reviews was a review from an ER doctor who said he saw many injuries in his ER from sharp edges of can lids.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Included in Amazon reviews was a review from an ER doctor who said he saw many injuries in his ER from sharp edges of can lids.
    Yes, I sliced open my little finger once. i still have a scar.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Yes, I sliced open my little finger once. i still have a scar.
    Yep. Dog food can. November 1995. Deep diagonal across middle finger on right hand. I'm in the federal background check so I should be able to be ID'd...unless they remove my fingertips.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I've had this one for 15 years: http://www.tupperware.com/can-opener-2306.html
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    I've had this one for 15 years: http://www.tupperware.com/can-opener-2306.html
    Thank you for your recommednation. Not thst expe t lifetimecwarranties, but this can opener has several rebiews, yhe msjoritu, from people angry that lifetime warranties no longer apply.

Thread Information