Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worst day ever, just send kind thoughts

worst day ever, just send kind thoughts

Yeah, I already cried in my car so hard that I have a post-emotion headache.

I checked emails on my phone before I went shopping with my assistant. I had one saying I had not made a deadline on Friday, that it was a hard deadline, and that if there were more missed deadlines I would have a corrective action. I had a 2 hour staff meeting to do this work on Thursday, he actually called during the meeting so he knew that we were doing the work, then stayed until 6:30 on Friday, had a screen showing saved and a screen showing submitted before I left. I have been doing this program associated with the deadline longer than anyone in our department other than one person, she also got the email. I worked very hard and met this deadline and every single deadline after that first week we were back at work. I answered that I did it and then when I was done shopping I sent an email with the screen shot. I am all for correcting any mistakes I make or troubleshooting a computer error, however to threaten me with corrective action immediately is not okay. I spent a long conversation yesterday working with him on aspects of my program he didn't understand, and we had gone over before. I was patient and understanding that he is learning a lot. Then a good amount of time working with my staff to support her and the team. I also have had 2 compliments in the last 2 weeks from our support staff about my paperwork. It doesn't matter, I don't need to prove anything here to say that I am not comfortable working for someone who talks very nicely to my face but resorts to a corrective action immediately. My colleague is actually going to talk to an HR rep.

So I am stepping up my looking for a job, so far I have not found anything in the 4 districts I have looked at over the last month. I talked with a guy doing related work at our meditation group last night and then today sent a facebook message to see if he had time this week. I checked in with the school principal to say I was open to new possibilities, especially to work more directly with the youth. I was hoping to stick with this job until my lease is up in May and then even look out of area and state. Also recognizing some of my internal blocks, leaving this community will be so hard to do. I am just focusing on having some fun after school, we have a choir concert tonight, 4 big clubs today, lots of fun things.

sending lots of good thoughts your way, Zoe Girl!

That really sucks Zoe Girl.

So glad that you saved the screens proving that you did the work. He sounds like a real asshat. The problem with this type of work environment is that they drive out all the good people and then end up with a bunch of incompetent people.

Oh yuck! Wonder what triggered that harsh comment from him? Sounds as though he is reacting to something going on in another part of his life.
    Hugs and good thoughts, lots of them!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Sorry to hear this. He should have checked with you to see if you sent it before issuing warnings.

Yppej
    Enjoy the concert and I hope you have a good night's rest. His attention may now be deflected to whatever IT issues led to your submission getting lost, sent to his spam folder, or whatever.

Thanks all, I think I felt some good vibes because I was able to settle down and feel better after awhile. No matter what happened I have worked very hard since the beginning of school to communicate and show that I am meeting deadlines. I got my first management job at 18 and I wasn't that great at first, but if he needs to learn a lot then he may need to get help from someone else. So I am just glad I am working on some things to do next, I have orientation for the volunteer mediator work tomorrow which is one area to grow in.

Kind thoughts to you, Zoe Girl!

Adding my good wishes. Courage.

It would appear you did your job, and there was a mistake in the communication up the line.

There was a time when I had a summer job working for a former professional boxer. He had some damage from being punched in the head repeatedly. For example, he had a lot of difficulty remembering names. He knew I had one, but I do not recall him ever addressing me other than as "Hey You", or "Tall Boy". I wanted the job, so I made adjustments. I quickly learned not to look to my supervisor to meet my esteem needs. And satisfaction from doing my job well had to be autonomous. It would not be from being recognized or praised by my supervisor. I believed then, and I would still say, he was doing the best he could. His fundamental value as a human being was not diminished by his disability.

But that did not make him easy to work for. What bothered me most of all was being chewed out by my supervisor for not doing some specific task, when he had never told me that it needed doing. Again, I believe it was an issue with his memory: he may have intended to tell me to do a task, and then omitted to tell me, but had a false memory of telling me... right down to "recalling" where and when he told me this. But it had never happened in reality.

Thread Information