Thread: Need help quick regarding Mixer parts

Need help quick regarding Mixer parts

In the ever-continuing saga of me trying to put my KitchenAid mixer back together...........
    I am able to ask an online tech, but he won't be back until next week.
    Here's my problem: I discovered either this old model didn't have the right number of fiber washers (4), and I only have 3....or I had 4 and one was sucked out of the universe when I wasn't looking. I'll probably find one embedded in one of my jigsaw puzzles, or stuck on the bottom of someone's shoe.......but I've looked everywhere and the 4th one is nowhere to be found.

I was going to order the part from the company that this tech works out of, but the one washer is $4.77, but the shipping is $6.50. I don't mind paying that shipping if it's for a more complicated KitchenAid part, but not for a washer!
    So.....do you think I can buy a cheap fiber washer that's pretty much the same size as the others at a local hardware store? I suppose it's possible that it was left out at the factory, but I don't want to take any chances.

For those of you who know this type of stuff, what do you think I can safely do?

Thanks!

(Whatever will I do with my life when I get this thing put together??)

Cathy, take the washer to your old fashioned local hardware store (they always have best supply of this kind of thing) and see if they can match it.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Cathy, take the washer to your old fashioned local hardware store (they always have best supply of this kind of thing) and see if they can match it.
    +1.

A fiber washer shouldn’t cost you $11. Stay frugal my friend.

Thanks guys! That's what I wanted to do but they always make it sound like it's so specific and would only fit one thing that you have to buy from them. I'll take it with me to the store today. Thanks again!

If you have a local appliance repair place, that is also somewhere to check. A hardware store would be cheaper for actual nuts/bolts/washers, but sometimes you don't find what your looking for there.

Thread Information