Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to fix my KitchenAid stand mixer.........

Very inspirational!

I am just so impressed that you able to do this yourself, mistakes notwithstanding! I would just have to toss it and buy another.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

LOL.....thanks you guys......but it's not over 'til it's over. haha I received the electrical parts today, but I decided to change the grease too, and it won't arrive until tomorrow or saturday, so I'm in limbo for awhile. Just keep your fingers crossed that when it's all done and I plug it in, it doesn't still have the same problem!
    I'm just grateful for the wonderful You Tubes out there for fixing things. I do so much better watching those videos, than looking at written instructions and schematics.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    LOL.....thanks you guys......but it's not over 'til it's over. haha I received the electrical parts today, but I decided to change the grease too, and it won't arrive until tomorrow or saturday, so I'm in limbo for awhile. Just keep your fingers crossed that when it's all done and I plug it in, it doesn't still have the same problem!
    I'm just grateful for the wonderful You Tubes out there for fixing things. I do so much better watching those videos, than looking at written instructions and schematics.
    I used to take everything apart I could get my hands on back in the day. Much of it.....wristwatches were my weakness.....I never did get back together. I have learned that an iPad is a wonderful tool for photographing tear apart in stages so that you can refer to the photos when putting things back together. My 30 year old Maytag dryer had every piece replaced. The newer things aren’t made to be repaired. It’s a shame. Keep persevering. You are impressing me.

Wow Cathy you are awesome. My Mom was really good at fixing things but me not so much)

Thanks Williamsmith and Teacher Terry.

Williamsmith........oh man, I should have taken pics as I went along. I didn't think of that. I have taken a few pics and sent them to the technician who is helping me. It helps him understand what I'm talking about. He is with the company that I have ordered the parts through and they offer this as a service. Their You Tube videos are very impressive too.

I have a Maytag washer and dryer too.........they are 38 years old! DH has worked a little on both of them from time to time. But like the Maytag commercial always said......."Maytag repairmen are lonely people." hahaha
    I can't imagine any new washer and dryer could ever compare to these work horses.

Wow.....with everyone being so impressed, I'd better get this thing back together right!

Well, I'm going a little crazy. I'm like a dog with a bone when I have a challenge, and sometimes it would be better to just let go.
    I'm convinced I have a learning disability and up to a point, I do great......but then my mind goes blank and I'm totally lost.

I got it all put together and turned it on and there were 2 sounds that weren't good........one coming from the gear area, and one from the electrical area. So......it's all apart again and I'll start over. It's making me crazy, and at this point if I knew of a good, reputable place that fixes these things, I'd probably take it in. Plus.....I'm just not ready to cry Uncle just yet.

Back into the grease I go..........I hope I know when to fold....

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    at this point if I knew of a good, reputable place that fixes these things, I'd probably take it in. Plus.....I'm just not ready to cry Uncle just yet.
    Around the Twin Cities there are occasional fix-it clinics -- mostly volunteer-staffed by folks with lots of mechanical aptitude and an unwillingness to toss stuff in landfills. Might they have something like that in your area?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Hi Steve. I've never heard of anything like that around here. I'm sure there are probably lots of mechanically inclined people, but I just don't know them. I wanted to do this all myself, but if I try once more to get it right and don't, I'll ask DH to help. He's not real mechanical either, but I guess 2 heads are better than one, right? I figure if I take this thing apart again and again, it will become easy...........but all those parts will get worn out and I'll have to order new ones. haha

I think all "How-to" videos are the same....whether it's cooking, sewing, car mechanics, or mixers, they make it all look so easy......probably because of that wonderful thing called "editing".
    Those videos should have that stuff at the end of the video like they do on TV, for medications......."side-effects of taking this mixer apart and putting it back together may cause shaking, uncontrollable crying, suicidal tendancies, etc.........)

Thread Information