Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going into the twilight zone

going into the twilight zone

Today, you have GOT to be f-ing kidding me. My job coach in calling in a few minutes so I will be brief and have support. I also called a colleague who shares the supervisor and met her and her staff at happy hour. I love all her staff, so I am in a good mood overall but my brain is twisted in knots.

I am currently hiring a great staff that is also a parent at another school. I have talked it through with the new staff and she is okay with the hours and with leaving at 5:30 to pick up her son. She just scheduled her fingerprints on Monday so I am almost ready to call my families off the wait list. Meanwhile my problem staff today told me she was going to quit in the middle of my busiest time of the day because of a schedule misunderstanding that she didn't like how I handled.. We talked later, she is not quitting and I told her to never try to do that during my busiest time of the program when I am responsible for up to 65 children. So getting this new staff started means that I can coach the issue staff out. (I think she was surprised when I did not react when she told me she was quitting, I just said okay).

My friend who runs the other school called me late today. She said our supervisor called the new hire and is sending her to the other school. I have had many conversations with him about this, I basically told him my program cannot go any longer short staffed. I am doing all the hiring work and if I get another staff I would be happy to send the new hire to the other school where her son attends but right now I cannot do that. He has been telling my friend since last week that I know the staff is going to her school, which is NOT true.

So I am writing in my journal to try and separate out my own personal issues from this work one so I can follow up. I am working out if I want to call him or his supervisor directly tomorrow. I want another person at this conversation since there so much misunderstandings.

Just having a wonderful but freaky moment, Got off the phone with my job coach and she had me send her my resume because her school is a charter school looking for a teacher. Charters are much more flexible about requirements to teach and they are into mindfulness and restorative justice, 2 of my highly qualified areas. I already sent her the resume and we are meeting in the morning.

Oh ZG, that would be so wonderful if another opportunity opens up for you!

Oh Zoe girl, I hope this works out for you!

That is excellent. It's time for you to just quit and hopefully without notice - Because you already have another job lined up.

That's a crazy place that you work for.

Sending Really Good Thoughts your Way!

Wow! The Universe opening up for you in your time of need! Fingers crossed, ZG!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Whew! Could be a big change in your working conditions coming your way! I wish you a manageable number of surprises, but only of the happy and rewarding sort!

Nice! Fingers crossed for a job offer, ZG!!!!

Up the food chain. Communication apparently is broke down and needs to happen in front of their supervisor, so someone else hears you clearly.
    You may not get your wish to have the person, but matters get put on notice.