Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Train the trainer?

Train the trainer?

Do you want to help people actually DO the steps to transform their relationship with money? Are you doing that already, and could use a fresh approach? Would you like to share your expertise in "spreading the word"? Would you like to coalesce a community of folks who share this in common?

New Road Map Foundation is considering hosting a "train the trainer" two-day workshop for FI folks who would like to teach the nine steps using the FI Instructor Guide. I've been teaching all nine steps in a 10-week adult classroom format to great success, and would be sharing what I've learned about holding space for people to actually DO the steps in a group-supported setting. (I'm current President of NRM, and have been following the steps for over 5 years.) We invite you to share what YOU have been doing with others over a weekend in some lovely location in North America (to be determined.)

Registration for the training would be free with certain conditions, but you would be responsible for travel & lodging. This could become an annual gathering of FI speakers/hosts/trainers/enthusiasts...

Sound intriguing?
    We're thinking about September 24-25, 2011. This first gathering would be limited to around 12 attendees for the full workshop, so we really all get a chance to know each other and practice together. A Saturday night soiree could be open to other FI associates, so to speak. Post here if you might be interested, letting us know your location and the type of class/audience you'd be hosting.

Hi Rozie, I am definitely interested in joining in on a train the trainer type event! I am in Massachusetts and in the future I would likely be leading classes for young adults (including college students) or adults.

I would also be very interested in becoming a trained trainer. I already conduct a lot of trainings in my work (not related to FI, but teaching adults is different than teaching children) and I already know folks who would be interested in the trainings. I'm in Vermont.

Excellent. We've also got folks from Ottowa that have contacted me directly, and some prospects from Indiana... I'm thinking New England might be a fairy central location. Would anyone from that area be interested in helping with logistics?

I can probably lend a hand on some of the logistics stuff. Let me know what you need!

Logistics help?

Rozie:
    I'd be happy to help as well if I can.

September 17-18, in New England?

Okay, let's get on this! I'm thinking 10-12 people, on September 17-18 - how does that sound? It looks like the bulk of interest is from the Northeast of the North Am. continent, so Vermont or Massachusetts would be good locations. (I can make the travel cross country worth double by doing a New England visit to family/friends, and stay with them too.) I think we should shoot for a town/city with either economical accommodations, or FI types who would be willing to host travelers. Something within a decent drive to an airport. CDTTMM are you eastern or western MA?

Okay, I am putting it on my calendar!

What do you consider a reasonable drive from the airport? I'm in Western MA and I'm about 1 hour from the airport in Hartford, CT and just under 2 hours from the airports in Boston, MA; Providence, RI; and Albany, NY. I'm about 3 hours from the airport in Burlington, VT. I think that covers all the "major" airports in New England (except for Maine).

Approx. 1 hour from an airport seems reasonable to me. I'm thinking somewhere between Burlington & Stowe... accessible via trains, planes & buses, driveable from both Western MA and Ottowa.. Frugalannie, where are you in that long state, and any suggestions for a venue? Ideally a comfortable meeting-oriented space where we can have catering come in for lunches and snacks... reasonably priced accommodations nearby...

rozie - got your PM but cannot reply to you. The system says your profile is set such that you cannot receive PMs.

Thread Information