Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use AAA?

Do you use AAA?

Just signed up for a membership to take advantage of books and maps. We don't need the insurance aspect. What benefits/rewards have you had? I see they do trip planning. Think may do a general route and let them plan it. See if they come close to what we would do????

I use them for roadside repairs. My car is 10 years old now, and DH's is 11. I think it's well worth the membership fee. I used them once ages ago to help plan a trip to Virginia Beach. Funny story--this particular trip was with a bunch of high school friends and we sat around planning and one of my friends asked, anybody's parents belong to A-A-A (she didn't say "Triple A"). So I enthusiastically raised my hand and said "My parents do!" So she said, "Great, you can get the maps."

I was puzzled--and I went home wondering why Alcoholics Anonymous would have maps for our road trip.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I use CAA for benefits like maps and have purchased items at a good discount. I also like the one travel agent to deal with. At present I don't need roadside assistance as I have Toyota that came with the new vehicle but that will expire eventually. Had it and used it a number of times with both the trucks and the cars over decades of membership.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    I use it for insurance and roadside assistance. My branch does not offer a gravel agent but does have registry (DMV) services.I got my transponder through them.

We have used them for years and always manage to pay for the cost of membership with at least one tow a year! We bought the extended tow range, though, as we live in the boonies.

We have it and use it for discounts to movies, restaurants, hotels and theme parks. In a good year, i come out in the black.

We have all newer cars, so hoping we won't need it for them. But we also have motorcycles and an rv., so we have some type of deluxe coverage. Only needed to tow an rv. Once. Its very costly without coverage!

I recently got the mapping service for a friend. Apparently they will no longer be printing a booklet thing. I think its an email link one can print in their own??? Anyway, I believe the person doing the mapping was the wealth of knowledge and would be a much different experience without her. She gave hotel/state books out, but such places were no longer pinpointed along the route.

The travel discounts are very worthwhile.

I have been a member since 2003. Was towed once. Sometimes I have used AAA to get a lower room rate for lodging.

Not me. I think I have needed 2 tows in 37 years, so I think I'm WAY ahead by not having AAA.
    Catherine: That is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Not me. I think I have needed 2 tows in 37 years, so I think I'm WAY ahead by not having AAA.
    Catherine: That is hilarious!
    Looking for only travel info. No need for insurance (car or other).

Are the discounts better than just asking for the senior discount?

Travel info can be from many sources.

The CAA discount for Park and Fly car parking rates at the Pearson Airport is large. A good tavel agent may find a coupon for the same rate possibly. I use CAA.

Travel health insurance can be cheaper at CAA but a good insurance agent may get a better one but they are so hard to figure out. My one credit card is supposed to include the travel health insurance when I use the CC to order the initial flight. I have to check that out much further.

Hotel rates are usually about the same for CAA or senior discount at most motels that I have stayed at.

My car's winterizing oil treatment triggers a discount with CAA and do some restaurant meals.

Maybe you could clarify further what you mean by travel info.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information