Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you use AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    We have roadside assist through our insurance (state farm) for a few bucks. Find out what they offer....
    Thanks Float On. My insurance is State Farm also. That's good to know and adds a little peace of mind.

We've had it forever, and I've been glad when I had as flat tire a couple times. Also reassuring to know they'll come and help me out if I have a problem while out on my bike.
    When I add up all the years we've been paying, it certainly seems like a lot for a little bit of security. Hmm.

I've had AAA Roadside Service for many years, at least 30 now. I think I've used all of the services except actual towing! I've had several flat tires changed, they brought me a new battery once, disabled a broken windshield wiper so it couldn't scratch my window... and more. And I know I literally saved hundreds of dollars in discounted admission fees in the years when we were doing Disneyland, Sea World, Six Flags, Legoland etc. I have gotten very nice hotel rates, great discounts on rental cars, and meals.I find it really pays to check the discoount page on their website now and then, as they offer more all the time. Also, several times I have gotten a AAA discount on top of another discount, so it never hurts to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    I've had AAA Roadside Service for many years, at least 30 now. I think I've used all of the services except actual towing! I've had several flat tires changed, they brought me a new battery once, disabled a broken windshield wiper so it couldn't scratch my window... and more. And I know I literally saved hundreds of dollars in discounted admission fees in the years when we were doing Disneyland, Sea World, Six Flags, Legoland etc. I have gotten very nice hotel rates, great discounts on rental cars, and meals.I find it really pays to check the discoount page on their website now and then, as they offer more all the time. Also, several times I have gotten a AAA discount on top of another discount, so it never hurts to ask!
    I just looked at the discount for Target, and apparently if you buy online at Target.com, you can get a 10% discount with your AARP membership--don't know details.

Just started going through member benefits and services for a classic membership and am surprised. Here is an abbreviated listing:
    Instant discounts... aaa.com/save
    Major hotel chain discounts
    Hertz ... 20% discount
    Amtrak... 10% discount
    1-800-flowers.com ... 20% on selected arrangements
    Dell... 10-30% discounts... aaa.com/Dell
    Hard Rock Cafe ... 10%
    AAA prescriptions discount ... average 26% discount... AAA.com/Prescriptions
    Lenscrafters.. 30% eye exam, glasses or accessories
    Payless ShoeSource... $10 on $40 purchase. show card
    NAPA Auto Parts... 10%
    Penske Truck Rental.... 12% one way... PenskeTruckRental.com .... 20% total
    AAA Auto Buying... AAA.com/AutoBuying
    CarFax Reports... AAA.com/CarFax
    AAA Cellular Phones
    purchase Visa Gift Cards
    AAA can help you change a tire
    free checking, savings, mortgages, loans and lines of credit
    passport help, foreign currency, and International Driving Permit
    car rental and hotel reservations
    tour book guides and maps, TripTik route planning
    tour, cruise and vacation packages
    theme park and attraction tickets
    travel accident insurance
    trip cancellation, accident and baggage insurance
    auto insurance, home insurance +, life and annuity products, medical and long term insurance
    roadside assistance... four call limit
    battery jump-start/boost, towing, fuel delivery service, vehicle lock-out service, tire service
    car travel interruption protection
    Guaranteed arrest bond
    limited legal fee reimbursement - traffic charge
    emergency medical transportation
    transporting your remains...repatriation

I lock myself out of my car with the keys inside it at least several times a year, so for that alone it is probably worth it. Then the batteries dying, the tows, etc.. I have insurance with them too.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information