Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collusion or conspiracy?

Collusion or conspiracy?

Surprised no one here has commented yet on today's indictment news! Meaning of indictment indicates a conspiracy!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/u...-indicted.html

Considering that Jeff Sessions was Popadopoulis's supervisor during the campaign (presumably the unnamed in his indictment supervisor that advised doing the russia trip) I suspect it's going to get a lot more interesting before this is over.

My take is that Manafort and Gates are small fish and they are trolling for a plea deal in exchange for witness testimony incriminating people higher on the food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Meaning of indictment indicates a conspiracy!
    What are you trying to say with this sentence above?

Williamsmith
    I read the indictment. It is not my intention to tell you what to think. Only that if you read the main stream newspapers and watch the main stream newscasts, you will not get a report on the facts of the matter. You will get not only propaganda but intentionally misleading statements.

The indictment is about money laundering and it deals with activities in the Ukraine. NATO has been involved in the manipulation of Kosovo, Serbia, Crimea, Eastern Ukraine and Kiev for a decade. Activities such as this can only be funded by laundered money. Going against the will of NATO is a risky business but apparently lucrative. This is serious politics. These are dangerous times for all political operatives, on either side.

I agree, it will get more interesting but I think Trump will be a minor bit player in the movie. None of this was ever expected from both sides. It threw a monkey wrench in the whole works when Trump got elected. Now, somehow, they must get rid of him to set the world right again. As far as their investments are concerned, he has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What are you trying to say with this sentence above?
    right click on indictment..... for definition

Just watched Fox News.... talking and trying to discredit Mueller. Now, that is a joke! Then on to trick-or-treat candy and other non-threatening topics. It is interesting to see!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Meaning of indictment indicates a conspiracy!
    I thought the indictments are for money laundering and tax evasion.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I thought the indictments are for money laundering and tax evasion.
    Agreed. Run of the mill criminal thugs just aren't that exciting. The real cliff-hanger storyline from yesterday is the Papadopoulos one. Considering the number of people he emailed it's sure to be must see tv. I've got plenty of popcorn on hand to watch how this one develops.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I don’t know how this all ends, but I got to thinking reading the indictment. This amount of money may seem normal to some of our leaders but it is beyond my comprehension. If tomorrow I came into say two or three million dollars, I could. drastically change my children’s, grandchildren’s and some others futures. Plus support some of my favorite charities with very generous contributions. What after that? I would not even think about a multi million dollar beach house for example, but a little house near the sea might be nice. What sums of money they are talking about is beyond my most imaginative comprehension. How.can someone be so greedy? What would you stop at?

the unknown is what the future will bring. Is this a net that will catch a lot of fish? Or will this be the end of it. Time will tell. I imagine they have seen some stuff sifting through all the evidence of these big players.

and the whole Papadakous issue, that was very interesting.

Since we are not attorneys specializing in this type of law we can only speculate. But I can imagine someone at 1600 is steaming. I loved the Hillary tweets. If she is guilty with a repub presidency, house and senate surely some committee or prosecutor can be assigned. They have the power. Use it if you think there is something to uncover.

Thread Information