Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collusion or conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    This amount of money may seem normal to some of our leaders but it is beyond my comprehension. If tomorrow I came into say two or three million dollars, I could. drastically change my children’s, grandchildren’s and some others futures. Plus support some of my favorite charities with very generous contributions. What after that? I would not even think about a multi million dollar beach house for example, but a little house near the sea might be nice. What sums of money they are talking about is beyond my most imaginative comprehension. How.can someone be so greedy? What would you stop at?
    This is why so many lottery winners end up broke. It is about perspective, emotions, ego, lifestyle. etc.
    Three million dollars and you mentioned a multi million dollar house, the math doesn't add up.

I had a conversation with a former Royals player, about another Royals player, traded to the Yankee's, that took his ENTIRE salary and bought a house in LA for that exact amount, and was broke, in something like two years.
    I have friends who are in the 20K a year category, and I can think of two that give away close to 10 times that a year. I can perceive these amounts, rather well.
    Define greed.
    Is this person greedy, or smart?
    https://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/14/why-...how-money.html

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    This is why so many lottery winners end up broke. It is about perspective, emotions, ego, lifestyle. etc.
    Three million dollars and you mentioned a multi million dollar house, the math doesn't add up.

I had a conversation with a former Royals player, about another Royals player, traded to the Yankee's, that took his ENTIRE salary and bought a house in LA for that exact amount, and was broke, in something like two years.
    I have friends who are in the 20K a year category, and I can think of two that give away close to 10 times that a year. I can perceive these amounts, rather well.
    Define greed.
    Is this person greedy, or smart?
    https://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/14/why-...how-money.html
    i wasn’t trying to make numbers add up, just rambling some thoughts.

Back to the OP, what’t The deal with three passports. From what I can figure out, there are special circumstances where you can get a second passport. And traveling under a fake name?

So far beyond our normal day to day life.

Back to the OP, what’t The deal with three passports. From what I can figure out, there are special circumstances where you can get a second passport. And traveling under a fake name?
    No idea what you are talking about?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    No idea what you are talking about?
    manafort has 3 passports per Cnn.

This amount of money may seem normal to some of our leaders but it is beyond my comprehension. If tomorrow I came into say two or three million dollars, I could. drastically change my children’s, grandchildren’s and some others futures. Plus support some of my favorite charities with very generous contributions. What after that?
    Two or three million dollars isn't abnormal. I am settling my mother-in-law's and father-in-law's estates, as they both passed away this year. Each estate is worth $2-$5 million. Each parent was a simple college professor. However they had the good sense to invest boringly and prudently starting in the 1940s, and they lived into their 90s, so time and frugal spending along the way allowed them to accumulate quite a nest egg. They also both arranged to perish before medical expenses devoured their savings in an attempt to live a last month or three.

Two million dollars invested with an eye towards capital preservation allows you to draw 4% a year. That's $80,000/year, and it's not tax-free. That's great, and you could live off that in much of the USA, but it's not going to be hugely life-changing for several generations of family at once.

Since we are not attorneys specializing in this type of law we can only speculate.
    My wife is (was). She used to work for the FBI tracking down the crooks behind the savings & loans crisis, finding their ill-gotten gains, and forcing them to "disgorge" the loot. She's cackling with glee right now watching the rollup begin. The FBI is very very good at this sort of thing - most people think of the FBI as guys with guns and bad suits, but most of the FBI is accountants and lawyers, and they love this stuff.

I hope your inlaws traveled or did/bought some of the things they wanted.

Thread Information