Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I can't help but wonder if today's terror attack was scheduled to coincide with what some religious fundamentalists see as a devil's holiday.
    Awaiting the lets ban trucks conversation.
    This was not a mass event, and we have yet to learn a lot about the driver (why fake guns, why didn't he make bombs out of stuff from where he rented the truck, etc).
    Ok class, start jumping to conclusions.

Happy to report I had 7 trick or treat visitors! We have a couple of new families down the road with littles. The party had to be inside due to the rain. 30 20somethings crowded in for French toast and movies. It's always nice to see a group of that age that doesn't need alcohol to be the main event. I did hide away with a big glass of wine after my cooking storm. They are in charge of clean up.
    Last edited by Float On; 11-2-17 at 11:15am.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I can't help but wonder if today's terror attack was scheduled to coincide with what some religious fundamentalists see as a devil's holiday.
    I doubt Halloween ranks high on the list of Western sins an ISIS devotee would wish to punish, but you never know. If an Uzbek radicalized by a Middle Eastern Islamic terror group goes on a rampage that kills five Argentinians and a Belgian in New York, we are certainly in crazy enough territory.

Best costumes I saw this year: a kid dressed as a rotisserie chicken, and another glued some lint and dryer sheets to himself and went as static cling. In your face, ISIS.

I think we ended up with about 20 kiddos - some very small and some almost-teens. They all got 2 pieces of candy because they deserved it for braving the crappy weather and because I wanted it out of my house.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Happy halloween , or I guess it's Dia de los muertos now. We had clear but chilly weather and plenty of little goblins.
    My dogs went nuts every time the bell rang.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Happy halloween , or I guess it's Dia de los muertos now. We had clear but chilly weather and plenty of little goblins.
    My dogs went nuts every time the bell rang.
    My friends have an annual Dia de los Muertos party. The costumes and makeup are really lovely. I would be happy with about a four day celebration comprising both holidays and my SO's birthday--and National Cat Day. Aside from the little beggars at the door , it's one of my favorite holidays.

Thread Information