Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

I have worn my cheesy Halloween sweater 2 times this season, and am bringing a costume to work later. I need to see if i fit into the one i want since i lost weight, otherwise the classc cowgirl witch that always fits (cuz it is all about the red and black boots)

Same to you! I'm on my way this morning to get candy which is already on sale around here, 3 bags for the price of 2.
    I expect about 20-30 kids.
    My 9 month old granddaughter is going as Pebbles Flintstone (with her hair on top pulled into a "waterspout"). Her male cousin who is 10 months older is going along as BamBam. Parents are going as Fred and Wilma pulling the kids in a Flintstonemobile. A fun holiday.

We're hosting a outdoor movie and french toast and bacon party tonight. I spent all yesterday evening baking bacon in advance. Not sure if we'll get any actual trick-or-treaters or not...usually not. It may be cold enough that we have to move the movie inside.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I am out in the Pumpkin Patch, waiting for the Great Pumpkin. The pumpkin patch is sincere for as far as the eye can see. The Great Pumpkin and I have an understanding. He is believed to bring toys to the boys and girls who have been good. But we have it worked out: he is not obligated to bring me a toy, and I am not obligated to be good. <wink>

Not expecting many trick-or-treaters here this evening - snowy and cold! A lot of churches and shopping centers offer Trunk-or-Treat events which are easier for families to go to instead of trudging up and down the neighborhood.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

We've been invited to watch the grandkids dress up. That will leave our tizzy dog to defend the home front. I think she can manage it...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Not expecting many trick-or-treaters here this evening - snowy and cold! A lot of churches and shopping centers offer Trunk-or-Treat events which are easier for families to go to instead of trudging up and down the neighborhood.

Wondering if you all tend to see a lot of the same. The little kids that used to trick or treat go to those events, and older ones tend to do the whole van thing to not their neighborhoods.

We live in a very diverse neighborhood. Some do Halloween, many don't. A lot of public schools have cut out the parades. We got a few batches of kids, and one big batch said, "You are a lifesaver! We went to a lot of houses and they weren't home!"

We LOVE Halloween. I spent a few hours with the grandkids, 3 and 6 mos. The 3 y.o. was a dragon. The 6 mo. old wore a skeleton onesie. They were SO CUTE.

When my kids were little I made all their costumes and had a lot of fun doing it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Well, so far I have had 56 kids. I got smart this year and bought a bag of 90 lollipops along with mini twix, mars and m&m's. Everyone got a lollipop along with a chocolate treat to help get a more accurate count.

A local church had a family evening for fun and candy last Wednesday so that probably took some tricks or treaters away. In previous years the number of kids coming was higher - around 100. No rain but cool tonight so good for the kids. Almost every child had a parent in view waiting on the street which was similar to other years. Parents keep a pretty close eye on their kids. I do enjoy seeing them.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    I can't help but wonder if today's terror attack was scheduled to coincide with what some religious fundamentalists see as a devil's holiday.

Thread Information