Well, year and a half.

It's been an in interesting time. In the spring of 2016, I started having angina. I went to see my cardiologist and they ran tests to find I had blockage. I had a massive coronary in 2003, and had avoided surgery until now. They put me under the knife, and what had been planned as a triple bypass turned into a quintuple bypass in May of 16.

Then I had a heart attack while on vacation in CA in July. (And here I thought the point of the bypass was NOT to have one) Two stents later and I'm ready to go.

Then a month later I contracted a major case of shingles. I was pretty much incapacitated for a month and a half. [NOTE TO EVERYONE: GET YOUR SHINGLES SHOT!]

Everything went great until March 14 of this year. I took a break from work to go home and let my dog out. On the way home, a lady in an SUV ran a red light and t-boned my Toyota Carola on the passenger side. I was completely out and she tried to pin it on me but they found they had surveillance video seeings it was a block north of the police station. They choppered me to OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City.

I had three brain bleeds, three broken ribs, and a fractured vertebrae. I was so messed up I didn't even notice the fractures until almost 3 weeks later when I laid on the wrong side in bed. I ended up mostly okay in the end, except for the permanent brain damage.

And that, kids, is the story of my year in health and why I have decided to retire. I would ask "What can happen next?!" But I'm afraid I might get an answer.