Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Give It A 100 (or 20, or 30) - November

nswef, I like that "shoveling sand" saying! Congrats on Day #39!

Zoe Girl, 111 days of meditation is so impressive. Do you see ripple effects in your daily life?

Chicken Lady, congrats on all the work in your studio!

I hit 60 days of writing and now am taking a few days off because I am REALLY behind on grading, but I will start up again soon.

60 days is awesome! Once you are caught up with grading ...does it ever happen? I did day 40 by actually taking a walk outside!!!
    CL I hope your fair goes well.

Yay for writing and meditating and walking outside!

i did get into the studio yesterday to pack a few more things and take them along. So I have hit every day in November so far. Sale is going well, thanks. I hope day 2 will also.

Cl, You must be pleased! To have worked every day at your pottery...joy!

Yes to all the 'is it helping' comments on meditation. I am a long term meditator and it is easy to keep saying I will catch up with a longer sit tomorrow. The regular practice really makes a difference. It has been a f-ing exhausting week, no other way to put it, 55 hours on site and 12 of those in programming on Friday. By the time I left I had to stop and get something to eat I was so worn out. So that night was taking some pretty rock and holding it on my chest and resting for 10 minutes. The night before was my meditation class in Boulder and that is supportive. I usually think I am too tired to share much, this time I got really honest and teared up, said how my week was and stayed out of drama story as well. I had some wonderful connections with people approaching me at the end. The practice is about being with what is, and I can't change what is happening so I might as well sit with it

Congratulations ZG for continuing to "sit with what cannot be changed" a very difficult task.

Zoe girl, i’m Glad you are getting support from your meditation group.

all I did in my home studio today was grab the last box of inventory to take to the sale. I’m counting that because I spent the rest of the day AT the sale. And I sold one thing from the box, so that is permanently out of my studio. (The box was things I have had for a while that I am no longer making due to weak sales but which haven’t sold out yet)

Chicken Lady, i hope your sale went well! And way to go everyone! 15 days after starting, I've managed to work on inventory control on 10 separate days - sometimes a lot, sometimes a little, but there IS progress being made! I have a lot of projects on, but that's always the case. I have tons of work AT work and some evening events planned, so I've had some days of getting home really late and not doing anything else. Sadly extra work hours do not equal extra money, lol. But I'm pleased, we have emptied 5 large cartons, and I can see most of my dining room table!

That is great that you are finding your dining room table!

The sale did go well, thanks.

most of the stuff I sold was physically small, so it didn’t help a lot with inventory storage, but I did get more organized during the process. And I have done something in the studio each of the 20 days of November!

today I have homework to do for my class.

Glad to hear everybody is making so much progress!

I finally returned to writing today after a week away, and it felt SO good. That was #61.

Thread Information