Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Give It A 100 (or 20, or 30) - November

Give It A 100 (or 20, or 30) - November

Hi All,

In August, I was inspired by the video at the link below. It's the story of a woman who went to the gym 100 times to try to get herself out of a rut. I saw it when George Takei posted it on Facebook along with the question, "What would you like to do 100 times?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FkshLcNLQ

Her video was part of a larger movement online called "Give it 100" which, as far as I can tell, is now defunct.

I decided what I wanted to do 100 times was work on my fiction writing at least 30 minutes a day. The times do NOT need to be consecutive. Since I know I will miss a lot of days here and there, I'm aiming to complete my 100 days by January 15, but if it takes longer, that's fine too. I'm just trying to get to 100. Others joined in at various points - nswef has been building up to 100 times of a certain number of steps a day and I think is also counting days doing 15 minutes of decluttering. Others have joined in for 20 or 30 times of something.

Anyway, if anybody else wants to join in for 20, 30, 100 or however many times of something, please do!

I'm at 52 days of writing!

The whole point of the 100 movement, was to establish a new pattern. Those that do, tend to be those that also can change their lifestyle/diet/etc.
    As movements go, though it died the way of Pay It Forward, or Secret Santa. (the Larry Stewart thing that was meant to have an effect with not just those well off, but everyday people as well) Everyday people, tend to let life get in the way and use it as a self fulfilling excuse.

Life does get in the way and it is hard to keep at it, especially if you think it is a "contest". I'm good with challenging myself and then dying out when it gets too hard. I'm pleased with this time staying with the steps. The declutter gets put aside and I've reframed my goal. But I love the idea of keeping track of one thing or two things. I know in October, thanks to this challenge of 100 days I had 21 days with more than 6000 steps and zero days with less than 4000. So it's working for me now. In two months I've done 34 days of 6000 or more, progress. EJ was able to write and submit writing that was finished which impresses me no end!

Wow, nswef, I can't believe how many steps you've done. So great!

Williamsmith
    I can’t commit to anything creative like writing or playing music for example. For me, that is not something I can force or it will seem like drudgery and lack any benefit.

I could do somehting like keep track of every time I made a better food choice, or chose not to eat something. Some kind of contribution to my health, like walking three miles or going to the gym. I could do that.

Day 35 of 6000 steps.

Ok, i’m coming back. The last thread was really helpful in developing good habits for the new kitchen. I’ve become less obsessive about it (a plate in the sink, a cutting board left out on the counter....), but it is still mostly clean most nights.

i am going to start a more general goal for November. I want to get into the studio and do something every day. So, that will be 30 days in the studio. The first three days I at least started a piece of work. (More on a couple) so far today I am firing the kiln.

So, Day 4:
    fire kiln.

Congratulations, nswef, on Day 35! That's awesome!

I've completed 55 days of writing.

Welcome back, Chicken Lady! That sounds like a great goal!

Welcome back CL. Studio daily, sounds like a plan. Glad to hear the kitchen is working well.

EJ, 55 days of writing!!!! Wow!!

Thread Information