Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Give It A 100 (or 20, or 30) - November

Yay!!! Cl

Thanks nswef.

today I glazed nine hippos a small dish and a middle sized dish. I need to do a couple more small dishes in the morning and fire the kiln tomorrow.

WFG, Chicken Lady! Today we took a load to our flea-style booth. Sadly, most of it came from my sister's house, not mine, lol. But hey, she's trying to clear out too! Another load goes to our antique booth tomorrow...

Well, it’s nice to help your sister. Keep up the good work! Have you squelched the inflow?

today I fired the kiln; glazed three small dishes, two medium sized dishes, and five hippos; started two more hippos; got two of three coats on another medium dish; glazed a large platter except for a few minutes of detail finishing; put the finishing coats and detail on ten ornaments (done glazing ornaments for this year); and decorated five hot pots with feathers (one broke, process hazard).

I also found some more small dishes I set aside last year when I didn’t have time to glaze them. Basically, I spent the day in the studio. I hope to do it again tomorrow!

Great progress, CL! When is your sale?

Set up is Friday night. Sale is all weekend.

Cl, I'm pleased to see you were able to spend the whole day in the studio. Ornaments all glazed! You've made huge progress toward getting everything set for the sale. Congratulations.

Glazed hippo--yum!
    I have a little Egyptian hippo figure similar to this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_the_Faience_Hippopotamus#/media/File:Standing_Hippopotamus_MET_DP248993.jpg[

Do you have a picture?

Lol! Poor hippo!

no picture and the link keeps failing, but from the url, i’m guessing that is the famous blue museum hippo? Mine are much much simpler. Think Pokey the horse from Gumby.

i didn’t keep track of exactly what I did yesterday, but I fired again and got more pieces ready. Plenty of work time, but not the full day. (Dh was willing to do some long overdue fence repair, so I spend several hours with him on that - the front porch is now guaranteed goat free.)

Way to go, Everybody! Chicken Lady, it sounds like you are getting a lot done!

I completed my 59th day of writing today.

Thread Information