Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Give It A 100 (or 20, or 30) - November

Yay! 59 days of writing. That's amazing. The hippos make me smile, just thinking about them.

59 days of writing is amazing! Do you feel like you are getting somewhere?

I can can see where the pottery is cutting into other things, but I think I can keep up with getting into the studio every day after the show, some days may just be really short. I am really happy with all I have gotten done in just two weeks.

actually, Saturday and Sunday will be really short because they will be show days. I might miss Saturday. Friday I will load stuff, and Sunday I will unload stuff - probably at random leaving a mess for Monday.

Thanks, nswef and Chicken Lady, for the encouragement! I don't know if I at this point feel like I'm "getting anywhere." I'm working on a new story, and it's a complete mess right now, but every year at the holidays, I feel regret that I didn't spend more of my time during the year writing and vow to do more of it in the new year, but this is the first year since my daughter was born (6 years ago!) that I actually have done more. The structure of just aiming to "do it" 100 times - even when I'm doing it badly - and the gentle peer pressure I feel from this community to stick with it has REALLY helped so far. A few times I've thought I should add another "give it 100" goal - like for decluttering or something - but then I've stopped myself because I've made so many things besides this a priority for so long that I'm really forcing myself to keep this one my main one for right now. Just like with Chicken Lady's pottery, I can see how my writing is cutting into other things, but I'm thinking that's okay. Writing is more important to me than many other things, so it seems like a good change.

Chicken Lady, congrats on getting so much done!

Nswef, keep up the good work with your steps!

Day 38 of steps, slower this month but sill progress. EJ one of my writing posts on facebook said just shovel the sand (story) in order to build the castles. You cannot make anything until you start, so having writing that isn't "great" is better than having no writing. You will make it great once you have it! Making it a priority is the best step. Thanks for the encouragement.

We are halfway through November. Go team!

so far I have done something in the studio every day. This morning I am firing my kiln for the last time before the sale. I also have to fire the school kiln today so kids can take work home tomorrow. All their stuff is in it and there is room for a small bowl and my last ten hippos, so if I get those glazed this morning, I will fire them.

i have half a dozen large bowls it would have been nice to fire, but I have an ok selection and I will use them to glaze replacements if a particular design sells (so far my sales record on those is zero to three per sale - which is fine for that price point, they are as much a customer attractant as a product.)

I am at 111 days of meditation without missing a day. It includes some lame5 minute ones sitting in bed but at least something every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I am at 111 days of meditation without missing a day. It includes some lame5 minute ones sitting in bed but at least something every day.
    You're a zen bad ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    You're a zen bad ass!
    Theravadan actually

Congratulations Zoe. Do you feel it is helping with your current job situation? Life in general?

Day 39- I pushed myself to walk around the house all evening to get to 6000 from about 2500! Today I took a long walk so will have 6000 as well. I don't count that until morning.

Thread Information