Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Walmart has artificial christmas trees up.........

You know, maybe it's because when I was younger and used B.C. pills, it was never covered by insurance. It seems odd to me that anyone would expect that. It's not that expensive. Seems like it should just be covered for people who are unable to afford it, like on Medicaid.

The baker that refused to bake cakes for gay people has lost 40% of his business by not making wedding cakes. Not sure if he is required to bake all wedding cakes and not be able to choose. BC is a lot cheaper to pay for then having a baby for insurance companies.

I'd prefer to pay for my health care and maintain my autonomy. But since insurance companies and Pharma have taken over the industry, that's not possible. i don't understand why birth control--which most women use at some point--should be any more a point of contention than, say, blood pressure medicine.

I believe both Oregon and Washington offer OTC birth control pills.

people may not make the best decisions for them financially or otherwise if paying out of pocket. Even to figure birth control costs over years of use you have to look at years of use, but if it has an high initial cost (say several hundred for an IUD etc.. which still makes it cheap given the lifespan of the devices) people don't always, they just go for what's cheap now, and that isn't just their bone-headedness, in many cases it's simply because they don't have the money up front at all.

So that's kind of the whole point of having some kind of health coverage. So the birth control mandates pretty much enabled women who wouldn't be able to have free choice of birth control to have it without worrying about costs, but again they were absolutely not making sensible long term decisions based on costs before they were merely optimizing short term affordability. So the mandate opens up choices and affordability. Why cover pregnancy and not birth control anyway? That really makes no sense.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    people may not make the best decisions for them financially or otherwise if paying out of pocket. Even to figure birth control costs over years of use you have to look at years of use, but if it has an high initial cost (say several hundred for an IUD etc.. which still makes it cheap given the lifespan of the devices) people don't always, they just go for what's cheap now, and that isn't just their bone-headedness, in many cases it's simply because they don't have the money up front at all.

So that's kind of the whole point of having some kind of health coverage. So the birth control mandates pretty much enabled women who wouldn't be able to have free choice of birth control to have it without worrying about costs, but again they were absolutely not making sensible long term decisions based on costs before they were merely optimizing short term affordability. So the mandate opens up choices and affordability. Why cover pregnancy and not birth control anyway? That really makes no sense.
    The entire costs of IUD insertion including physician’s fees is not cheap, that is true.

I continue to think that the odd focus on women’s birth control products sort of infantilizes women and paints a picture of them throwing ip their hands and crying that that cannot provide this very basic, essential product for themselves. Nanny G, or more like the male dominated Congress have to do it for them. Ick.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The entire costs of IUD insertion including physician’s fees is not cheap, that is true.

I continue to think that the odd focus on women’s birth control products sort of infantilizes women and paints a picture of them throwing ip their hands and crying that that cannot provide this very basic, essential product for themselves. Nanny G, or more like the male dominated Congress have to do it for them. Ick.
    Anything that will get more women to use birth control is worth a few more of my tax dollars!

How about men taking equal responsibility for BC? What a novel idea UL!

My simple little only personal way of looking at this and speaking from only my own personal experience. How can anyone, whoever they may be, whatever position they hold, say what a person, in this case woman can do with her own body and choices? I for the life of me have never understood why birth control is not available OTC. Condoms are. With all the sides on abortion yelling. Seems like the OTC option would take care of many, but not all of course.

I had to make a choice at 17 with turning 18 in the time frame needed. The choice is something I alone have to live with and make peace with of which I have.

I have always said those yelling sides, IF they took that time to hold the hand of a woman making a choice they may see the other side and give that thought. Guess that could be said for just about every issue out there on choices.

Peace

But back to the Christmas Trees and Ho Ho....way to early but money is money. A neighbor who I take once a year to the Hallmark store in a different city ( I buy nothing and only do this for her). She had to go the other day as it was Open House for ornaments. She was upset as there was not as many trinkets as she felt they always had. Yes the selection of crap was lower then other years. I explained Online Shopping was the way to go and most likely Hallmark would have all she needed online. NOPE it was the event of touching and holding the stuff. So she could get the tree up NOW!

This country is getting just too complicated.

Thread Information