Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart has artificial christmas trees up.........

Walmart has artificial christmas trees up.........

I believe this is earlier than ever before. At least the christmas music is only in the garden area with all the other christmas stuff. I shouldn't be surprised,......but I AM disappointed. I should know better.......

They have been up since Oct. first where I live. They re-purposed the entire garden center, then moved into the main store as the school supplies dwindled. haven't seen any actual buying yet, though.

Yppej
    Today the Christmas music started on Sirius XM, but they do confine it to a couple stations.

I saw a commercial on TV today that was hinting at christmas. Oh no.......... That gets so old so fast.

I saw a Wal-Mart Christmas ad late last night.

Williamsmith
    My wife’s go to Channel for relaxation is Hallmark. I guess the advertisers have figured out there’s enough of a share to dedicate Harlequine romance type mini movies with horribly written plots and sometimes horribly acted. The standard recipe is woman or man has a fiancé they don’t really want to marry, they find themselves taking a vacation or business trip where they bump into an attractive distraction. They drift further from the fiancé and closer toward the love interest. It all ends when the fiancé is dumped and the new lovers kiss. For Christmas, throw in snow, decorations, warm fireplaces, hot cocoa, sleigh rides, Santa Claus, baking, being stranded by road closures and children and puppies.

This programming has begun already.....all the other programming has been replaced. The only show I could stomach has been suspended until January. Monk.....of course. I’m anxiously awaiting New Years Eve.

Around here the Hallmark stores routinely have ornaments on display by September. And yesterday I was in one of the local supermarket chains to find the Halloween stuff on one Lozier and non-perishable Christmas décor and food on several others. No store décor yet; that's coming soon, I'm sure.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Around here the Hallmark stores routinely have ornaments on display by September. .....
    I've been wondering how the Hallmark stores are hanging in there financially. So many people I know just go to the Dollar stores when they need wrapping paper, gift bags and cards. So it must be the ornaments and other gifty-type things that are keeping them afloat?

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    I've been wondering how the Hallmark stores are hanging in there financially. So many people I know just go to the Dollar stores when they need wrapping paper, gift bags and cards. So it must be the ornaments and other gifty-type things that are keeping them afloat?

I wonder how many of the stores are franchises now, verses company stores?
    I have three friends who had them, and all are gone (one retired a couple years ago and closed). I think the only other one I know about is a corporate store (really should ask one of them next time I see them).
    Besides cards (typically in the area, need one quick), I expect most of their sales are the cutesy stuff. (figurines, ornaments, dog collar bow ties, Laurie's kitchen soup mixes, etc) I know that one conversation about a friend of mine who was one of their biggest customers years ago, was that type of gifty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    My wife’s go to Channel for relaxation is Hallmark. I guess the advertisers have figured out there’s enough of a share to dedicate Harlequine romance type mini movies with horribly written plots and sometimes horribly acted. The standard recipe is woman or man has a fiancé they don’t really want to marry, they find themselves taking a vacation or business trip where they bump into an attractive distraction. They drift further from the fiancé and closer toward the love interest. It all ends when the fiancé is dumped and the new lovers kiss. For Christmas, throw in snow, decorations, warm fireplaces, hot cocoa, sleigh rides, Santa Claus, baking, being stranded by road closures and children and puppies.

This programming has begun already.....all the other programming has been replaced. The only show I could stomach has been suspended until January. Monk.....of course. I’m anxiously awaiting New Years Eve.

Thread Information