Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When someone buys you stuff you don't want or need (huge rant)

I made a wall hanging for my sister's birthday a couple of years ago. It doesn't hang on my sister's wall. She's' got it dangling from a knob on a cabinet in her dining room. I feel sad every time I see it.

You have a good philosophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    I know this doesn't really relate to the problem when it is a spouse involved, but in gift giving a few years ago I kinda made up and adapted my own philosophy. I try to give something that can be burned up, used up, or eat up. Such as a candle, bath salts, good chocolate. Of course, even then you would have to know your recipient and their tastes and not give a candle you thinking smells like apple pie baking and they can't stand that smell! I had that thought during an insightful moment of realizing my tastes are not your tastes. I may buy a nice little wall hanging that speaks volumes to me and you would never hang on your wall in a million years. So, I try to steer clear of that impulse, being anything that is to be displayed. Also, being a crafter (some crochet, some knit, some card making, some candle making.....) I have to be careful to not inflict my handmade goodies on others unless I KNOW they would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalone View Post
    I made a wall hanging for my sister's birthday a couple of years ago. It doesn't hang on my sister's wall. She's' got it dangling from a knob on a cabinet in her dining room. I feel sad every time I see it....!
    I have been thinking about this all day and I cant figure out what is making you sad about it. Please enlighten me..

I was wondering the same thing IL. She is displaying it.

It's the dangling part. It hangs crooked and just looks sort of forlorn there.