Thread: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Just wanted to drop by and say hey and Happy Thanksgiving! This year I've got much to be grateful for......I've been able to pick up a lot of overtime in my new role and I've been able to sock some cash away and that very much works for me. Not much time these days for my life but when the season is over in April and I have all this money saved I'm going to be very glad that I did this.

Making Vegetarian Moroccan Stew today and am very glad to have the day off - will be catching up on sleep after Mass this morning and hopefully will be more awake around three PM when my in-laws arrive. Best wishes to all for a peaceful day. Rob

Yppej
    Happy Thanksgiving Rob and everyone. This is sort of like a do nothing vacation for me as I have Friday off also. No mad shopping for me.

Happy Thanksgiving, Rob! Glad you are surrounded by family, and the stew sounds fantastic.

Today we are driving to New Mexico. No turkey for us! And we are ok with that.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Heading out to visit family for part of the day. Have to work tomorrow, so plan to enjoy this time today.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Happy Holidays, everyone! We are spending it with my sister, a crazy little drunken friend and her puppy who is suffering from GI distress (the puppy), and another friend. It's entirely possible that the turkey won't make it into the oven, but DH baked two pies and I'm bringing booze, so all will be well. We will certainly not be a vision from Norman Rockwell, but that's OK. Spending time with people we love is what matters!

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Happy Holidays, everyone! We are spending it with my sister, a crazy little drunken friend and her puppy who is suffering from GI distress (the puppy), and another friend. It's entirely possible that the turkey won't make it into the oven, but DH baked two pies and I'm bringing booze, so all will be well. We will certainly not be a vision from Norman Rockwell, but that's OK. Spending time with people we love is what matters!
    Haha! Love it!

We just spent a couple of hours with our son/DIL/DGS3 + DGS<1. We'll be making a traditional turkey dinner at home, and laying low.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

"I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual." Henry David Thoreau

ETA, Rob, I would love for you to share, maybe in the Spirituality forum, what it has been like returning to Catholicism. I think I just read my tenth book about Dorothy Day, and I'm also reading Richard Rohr and James Martin, S.J. I'm still on the fence about returning, but am feeling more and more compelled to do so.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Glad to hear that you are doing well Rob! I hope you and yours have a fine day!

Rob, so very glad that you are enjoying the new job and making $! This year I bought a complete meal with a 10lb turkey and everything is cooked. I just need to heat it up. Hopefully, it tastes good too. If so this will be my new yearly tradition. No cooking for me)

Thread Information