Thread: Brisket Bafflement

Brisket Bafflement

Ok, , after I don't know how long bailing ship, - o-god-im-sorry, yes, it's a "thing" with me - I need you. Please? I bought a cow. Well not really, but I bought an 18 pound brisket, because my family of friends doesn't like turkey.

My turn on meat station. Turns out a bunch of "family" isn't coming. Sort of like real family, huh? So I've got this thing the size of a toddler and the shape of a semi-colon, with one end about 5" thick tapering down to 2" in my fridge, and it turns out I'm cooking for six, so I'll have to cook one end and freeze the rest.

I intend to use this recipe: http://tiphero.com/oven-barbecued-beef-brisket/

So, 1. do you approve of the recipe or do you have something even more awesome to recommend, and

2. Should I cook the thick "potroast" shaped end, or the 2" flat end? I think I have enough time to do either, but which end will make a better dish?

My Jewish mother made bridket once and itvwas very good ( and she normally was an awful cook with hunks of beef) but sorry, I do not know what she did with it.

Williamsmith
    The recipe meets my approval. I would use whatever part has the most fat on it. The fat will flavor the meat. I wouldn’t worry about cooking too much. It would be a good leftover meal. Brisket is one of the choice prime cuts.

I don't know anything, really, about cooking meat--I usually just throw roast-type cuts in the Instant Pot.
    But I would like to say--your friends have the right idea--brisket is much tastier than turkey, IMO.

Thread Information