Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What's with all these sexual allegations coming to light?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Mitt Romney. Didn't he run for president one time long ago?

OK, Garrison Keillor.

I am so bummed. And it seemed the story was kind of ridiculous, from what I've heard. Not taking sides, though.

LDAHL, Now I remember Romney

Yppej
    Remember the old ads, "I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV"?

My take is Romney was not a bigot - when governor of Massachusetts he said he would attend a gay wedding if invited - but once he developed national ambitions he decided to play the bigot, dredging up an old law with anti- miscegenation roots, that you can't marry in Massachusetts if you couldn't marry in your home state, to suppress gay marriage. He is a phony through and through.

The law he revived was put in place during the second rise of the Klan (Birth of a Nation timeframe) to keep interracial couples from marrying outside their native southern states.

Williamsmith
    Not to beat up on the Mittster further but my “creepy meter” goes off when I see him, hear him and read about him. I never had the pleasure of shaking his hand but I get the feeling it wouldn’t be a firm grip. I like it to be a firm grip. My daughter introduced me to a new boyfriend in our driveway and upon shaking his hand, I turned to my daughter and said, “Get him off my property!” True story. All stupid reasons not to like the man but there you have it. Im an intolerant fool sometimes.

Thread Information