Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What's with all these sexual allegations coming to light?

Thoughts on these types of sexual assault allegations?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3639757
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Well, over 50 years. That's not exactly in the realm of madness. Especially if he lived through the 60s and 70s.
    50 sex partners is not that many for most people. I know men and women in that range and they aren't yet 40 years old.

Probably will be convicted as she should be if she is guilty which it sounds like she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Will be convicted as she should be if she is proven guilty through due process.
    There. I fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    50 sex partners is not that many for most people. I know men and women in that range and they aren't yet 40 years old.
    Well, surveys seem to show the "lifetime number" for Americans is around 7, which is based on the survey respondent honestly answering the question. I'm curious what the shape of the curve is, I suspect "on average" that 50 is out a standard deviation or two, but in some subsets of the American population it would be more towards the median.

More digging into the demographics would be required before deciding this judge was off in the weeds, so to speak :-)

I read that Old Bush suffers from a rare form of Parkinson's and that because of it his inhibitions are lacking. However, if this is the case then why not surround him by men or old women instead of young women? Or better yet skip the photo ops.
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We've all been warned.

Thoughts on these types of sexual assault allegations?
    The reported behaviour seems to break the law. And seems to disqualify the teacher from holding a similar position of trust in the future. A prudent employer would put the teacher on administrative leave until the dust settles.

We had an almost identical situation in my village quite recently, though the sexes were reversed. It was quite a mess, I believe I linked some stories concerning it a bit earlier.

Was the political world ever Simple? Or was it we were not given every detail of the daily minute but minute issues? Maybe that made life simpler?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    For most people?
    i must seriously be out of touch. Over 40 years ago I married the love of my life and would never put my marriage at risk. All of our friends are married that long or longer. I think we were so busy working, taking care of the house and raising kids I think we were too tired to do anything else. I know very few people who even got divorced, and only two of our friends even go to church. It is about fidelity and self respect, but to each his own.

I read that Old Bush suffers from a rare form of Parkinson's and that because of it his inhibitions are lacking. However, if this is the case then why not surround him by men or old women instead of young women? Or better yet skip the photo ops.
    Nothing untoward happened on my watch:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information