Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What's with all these sexual allegations coming to light?

I think we are the exact same age) I was lucky in that my Dad did not think that women should be taken advantage of. I had a uncle that would caress my hair and I would ask him to stop when I was little but he wouldn't. My Dad told him to stop in no uncertain terms. He always stuck up for us. I only lasted 4 years working with the abused kids. It was just too heart breaking. This is a first time I have ever changed my mind on a subject from reading a forum post. I guess you can teach a old dog new tricks)

And George HW Bush, oh the horrors. If you can't fend off a 90-year-old wheelchair-bound bloke with palsy, there's no hope for you.

I do hope this hysteria blows over soon. Sort the wheat from the chaff, prosecute if appropriate, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    And George HW Bush, oh the horrors. If you can't fend off a 90-year-old wheelchair-bound bloke with palsy, there's no hope for you.
    Wow.

Shaming the victim.

I'm sorry, if you're a female at a photo op with an ex-president in a wheelchair and you are facing the camera, and he slithers his slimy hand onto your nubile young ass, it's a bit of a situation. And the old perv in the chair knows it.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    seriously 50 sex partners. I must be living in an alternate universe this is so out of my comprehension.

Vietnam vet, attorney, registered nurse. Hopefully all his partners were willing participants. He sure has been a busy man.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post

I do hope this hysteria blows over soon. Sort the wheat from the chaff, prosecute if appropriate, and move on.
    Precisely why why so many victims don’t speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    seriously 50 sex partners. I must be living in an alternate universe this is so out of my comprehension.
    Well, over 50 years. That's not exactly in the realm of madness. Especially if he lived through the 60s and 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Precisely why why so many victims don’t speak up.
    Right! And the abusers know it, and rely upon it.

I read that Old Bush suffers from a rare form of Parkinson's and that because of it his inhibitions are lacking. However, if this is the case then why not surround him by men or old women instead of young women? Or better yet skip the photo ops.

Thread Information