Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: What's with all these sexual allegations coming to light?

While I worked for Bernie in the last election, I found myself thinking that Mitt Romney looked really good compared to Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    While I worked for Bernie in the last election, I found myself thinking that Mitt Romney looked really good compared to Donald Trump.
    That's setting the bar pretty low. I will never forget his dismissal of the opposition as the 47% who doesn't work or pay taxes. What an entitled ass. His father wasn't altogether bad, though.

I'm reading The Making of Donald Trump, by David Cay Johnston, which reports he's been a scofflaw and mob associate going back decades. It's a tragedy for our country that no one stopped him sooner. I hope Mueller's probe gets him in the end like an alien abduction.

Jane, I was sharing my opinion, and I remember being very surprised that Romney could look better than another candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Jane, I was sharing my opinion, and I remember being very surprised that Romney could look better than another candidate.
    I understand that, and I agree that Romney looks better than Trump--being at least capable of civilized behavior--I just can't get beyond his sneering snobbery--from a fellow Bernie supporter.

Sure, I can see that.
    I saw Bernie speak in person and that man has such class.

Tybee, I agree if it is a choice between Romney or Trump there is no contest which is sad in of itself.

I voted for Mitt in the past, and would cheerfully vote for him again. I hope I get the chance.

I think the whole snobbery image was largely a creation of the Democrats (back when they could run a competent campaign).

I could never understand how the people who keep talking about “voting your interests” could be credibly offended by the proposition that people who don’t pay taxes might be inclined to support more government spending.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I voted for Mitt in the past, and would cheerfully vote for him again. I hope I get the chance.

I think the whole snobbery image was largely a creation of the Democrats (back when they could run a competent campaign).

I could never understand how the people who keep talking about “voting your interests” could be credibly offended by the proposition that people who don’t pay taxes might be inclined to support more government spending.
    Because he was characterizing the 47% of Americans who were disinclined to vote for him (incorrectly, btw) as basically a drag on society--I believe "useless eaters" is the epithet. Smacks of Leona Helmsley's "little people" remark. The vast majority of us pay taxes--many of us at a higher rates than the one percenters do.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Because he was characterizing the 47% of Americans who were disinclined to vote for him (incorrectly, btw) as basically a drag on society--I believe "useless eaters" is the epithet. Smacks of Leona Helmsley's "little people" remark. The vast majority of us pay taxes--many of us at a higher rates than the one percenters do.
    I've often wondered if Romney ever uttered the phrase "useless eaters", or if it just was too appealing to pass up by the outrage machine back in those innocent days of 2012. It got used so often back then that it became a sort of cliche.

At the time, you could have made the case that the contest was between two different species of elitist. One founded a successful investment firm at 37. The other wrote his autobiography at 34. I preferred the first type.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Stay tuned...the carefully orchestrated demise of Trump requires the sacrificial lambs Franken, Hollywood, maybe even Clinton.......go first. Then, they can take down a President. BTW, we haven’t heard from Mitt Romney in quite awhile. This seems like it’s right up his alley.
    I can't see it as being premeditated from the start, but I wouldn't put it past the Dems to sacrifice one or two of their own if they thought it would get Trump out of the bus. If the shoe were on the other party it would probably be much more ruthless, based on the "lock her up" rants of yore.

What I think is interesting is that the entertainment personalities seem to be fired almost immediately, but leaving the job seems optional for the politicians. At least as things stand.

Mitt Romney. Didn't he run for president one time long ago?

Thread Information