Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's with all these sexual allegations coming to light?

And now Senator Al Franken has been added to the list: http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Simplemind, what an awful story. So true that unless you've walked in another woman's shoes... Corrupt power is a terrible thing.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Oh and so many more will be added to the list........

Thank you Catherine, that means more than you will ever know. Even the paternity of my child and the fact that I had him out of wedlock was used to show I had low moral character. We had a Police levy fail and the City manager blamed it on the negative press and called for employees who would now lose their positions to hold my feet to the fire. They did everything they could to make me quit and I wasn't going to give them the satisfaction. What they were doing now has a name... mobbing. I stayed there another 17 years in order to keep the salary and pension that I needed as a single mom. In time most forgot but I never did. As soon as I was able to retire at 55 I was out of there. I had started there loving my job for the first 9 years and sucking it up with my head down the last 17. Yes, it was all about power. In the next few years 5 of our female officers left for other agencies. On a side note, this Sgt also bullied the officers as well as people on the street. Many of them came to my home off hours to offer support but admitted that they could not support me out in the open because they had also been victims and didn't think the system would ever hold him accountable and they needed their jobs and wouldn't rat fearing their own safety. At one point the investigator was convinced that the Sgt would go sideways (he had already been stalking me before he quit) and they put a three car response through 911 on my address in case he showed up there. I lived in terror for over a year that he was going to come after me. You don't cross the blue line.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Thank you Catherine, that means more than you will ever know. Even the paternity of my child and the fact that I had him out of wedlock was used to show I had low moral character. We had a Police levy fail and the City manager blamed it on the negative press and called for employees who would now lose their positions to hold my feet to the fire. They did everything they could to make me quit and I wasn't going to give them the satisfaction. What they were doing now has a name... mobbing. I stayed there another 17 years in order to keep the salary and pension that I needed as a single mom. In time most forgot but I never did. As soon as I was able to retire at 55 I was out of there. I had started there loving my job for the first 9 years and sucking it up with my head down the last 17. Yes, it was all about power. In the next few years 5 of our female officers left for other agencies. On a side note, this Sgt also bullied the officers as well as people on the street. Many of them came to my home off hours to offer support but admitted that they could not support me out in the open because they had also been victims and didn't think the system would ever hold him accountable and they needed their jobs and wouldn't rat fearing their own safety. At one point the investigator was convinced that the Sgt would go sideways (he had already been stalking me before he quit) and they put a three car response through 911 on my address in case he showed up there. I lived in terror for over a year that he was going to come after me. You don't cross the blue line.
    What a terrible,terrible story, Simplemind. I think it very eloquently answers the question that started the forum, why do people remain silent, why don't they report.
    I admire your courage and grace under a terrible ordeal, a 17 year sentence that you had to serve for a crime that was committed against you.
    What a shameful story about the police department where you worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I’d say if it wasn’t for the timing, Roy Moore would be history. The timing gives deniers plenty of cover. As for the wife, it’s what she has to do....considering her options.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't at least a couple of Moore's accusers lifelong republicans and trump voters? Not sure what they had to gain by sharing their stories with journalists. They voted for one predatory asshole and now that it's someone running for national office that actually harmed them, perhaps they finally reached the breaking point of enough is enough.

These past few weeks have been eye opening to me. The sheer quantity of "me too"'s that flooded my facebook feed a couple of weeks ago, and now the seemingly countless number of women coming forward to accuse all sorts of men from both sides of the political spectrum makes me think that the article that nswef posted is probably spot on.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    And now Senator Al Franken has been added to the list: http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/
    Trump jumped right on the bandwagon with his condemnation. He must not be the “great guy” Moore is. Moore was just like Jesus and Mary in the Bible I guess.

My friend, the SJW said this to me:

"I have a 'guilty until proven innocent' position when it comes to sexual violence, so my concerns about due process are limited."

Franken offered a fairly lengthy apology which it sounds like his accuser accepted. Which doesn't make it OK, but his sounded a little more like a prank of misconduct than leching after 14 year olds.

Our local radio plays Arlo Guthrie's, Alice's Restaurant every Thanksgiving. Between the political scandals and the misconduct accusations I feel like Arlo sitting on the bench in the police station. I think all I've done is maybe litter but the bench is sure filled with a bunch of criminals. It has all lowered my estimation of our cultures integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Franken offered a fairly lengthy apology which it sounds like his accuser accepted. Which doesn't make it OK, but his sounded a little more like a prank of misconduct than leching after 14 year olds.

Our local radio plays Arlo Guthrie's, Alice's Restaurant every Thanksgiving. Between the political scandals and the misconduct accusations I feel like Arlo sitting on the bench in the police station. I think all I've done is maybe litter but the bench is sure filled with a bunch of criminals. It has all lowered my estimation of our cultures integrity.
    I probably should not comment as I have not read about the Franken case, just heard about it.

I have had men grab personal body parts of mine, unasked and without consent, once at the age of 14 (a friend of my parents) and at no time, ever, do I feel that this should be termed a "prank of misconduct."

Thread Information