Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's with all these sexual allegations coming to light?

Yppej
    Clinton was a sexual predator. While the Lewinsky affair was consensual he harassed other women against their will in Arkansas.

Williamsmith
    I have an admission to make. All these old sexual harassment accusations have got me thinking about my past. And I am a bit worried. At the age of 11..... my first crush was a cute girl who lived a block away and my friends and I would walk past her house. She’d come out and hang around. It was all innocent stuff. But I can’t remember why, man I wish I could .....one day she up and slapped me right across the face. I probably deserved it but for the life of me all I can remember was that our song was.....”The Rollerskate Song” or “Brand New Key”. Now i realize that was nearly a half century ago but still.......could she find me and tell the whole world about it? I mean, what if I did something wrong?

https://youtu.be/RCTMTflcuug

I wondered about that too, Williamsmith. Not about me, but I wonder how many men are thinking back 40-50 years ago and trying to remember if they did something that could lose them their job today.

Yppej
    If I were a victim and didn't want to discuss my past trauma publicly, but felt it was important to the voters to know what Roy Moore was like, I might have kept quiet hoping he would lose in the primary, and only spoken up after he won. No one will speak on the record but apparently Moore was banned from a mall for hitting on teenage customers. At least the other perverts in the news lately stuck to adults, except Kevin Spacey.

ETA: Mrs. Moore can't seriously believe it's all a vast left wing conspiracy, can she?

Years ago I was assigned to the persons crime unit in detectives. Believe me, conversation went beyond the pale due to the cases we were working. If you were faint of heart it wasn't the place to be. It was quite the boys club as well and nobody was ever challenged. Assignments to that unit were on rotation and a Sgt rotated in and he was a predator. He was also good friends with the Lt. who was not but thought nothing of making rude and crude remarks. Things started to get very uncomfortable. I was also pregnant and feeling very vulnerable. I figured if I kept my head down and gutted it out that he would be gone and life would go on. I knew I was not in the place to take on a systemic problem. I felt somewhat in control of my fate until somebody complained on my behalf and an internal affairs investigation was opened. I did not want to participate and knew that the person to suffer would be me. I was ordered to cooperate by the Chief. A gag order was also placed on me that I was not to discuss it with anyone. Nobody else had a gag order and rumors started to fly. I was not allowed to say one word in my defense, not even that I had not made the complaint. The Sgt and Lt. ended up leaving after the union would not back them. I was taken from my coveted position and put in Records making copies all day. I became a pariah. It was followed by our local media. Women that he had made moves on out on the street were calling me telling me they would be character witnesses. The city decided that harassment training was mandatory. Nobody would speak to me unless it was absolutely necessary because I broke the rule - never rat. When I tried to get other jobs in other agencies I did great in the hiring process until it came to the background and I was washed due to this incident. I did nothing wrong, I was used to get rid of two problems and then became a bigger liability so they had to root round my past in order to make me look like such a horrible person I couldn't have possibly been a victim. In the end the way the City treated me was a thousand times worse than the original incidents. When I hear people questioning why victims don't come forward it just makes my blood boil. You have no clue until you have been there.

Williamsmith
    I’d say if it wasn’t for the timing, Roy Moore would be history. The timing gives deniers plenty of cover. As for the wife, it’s what she has to do....considering her options.

How did you feel about Hillary and the way they attacked Bills accusers. A bit of a double standard and a big dose of hypocrisy some people are carrying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I’d say if it wasn’t for the timing, Roy Moore would be history. The timing gives deniers plenty of cover. As for the wife, it’s what she has to do....considering her options.

How did you feel about Hillary and the way they attacked Bills accusers. A bit of a double standard and a big dose of hypocrisy some people are carrying around.
    "Drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park, and you never know what you'll find."

For those of you unfamiliar with the Carville quote that LDAHL just gave you, here's a primer:

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/resou...haracters.html

http://lithub.com/rebecca-solnit-let...s-never-cease/ An article that explains a great deal of how I feel about this.

Simplemind: that is truly awful. They just used and discarded you. Ugh!

Thread Information