Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danica Roem

Danica Roem

The election of Danica Roem is certainly noteworthy!
    The first open transperson elected to a state house (VA). And apparently she ousted one of the nation's worst homophobes. lol

Finally a little piece of good news! A liberal got elected in a historic election!

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    The election of Danica Roem is certainly noteworthy!
    The first open transperson elected to a state house (VA). And apparently she ousted one of the nation's worst homophobes. lol

Finally a little piece of good news! A liberal got elected in a historic election!
    I hadn’t heard of her. I listened to an interview she did after being declared winner. She carried the day with class, didn’t beat up on the loser, focused on the local issues that got her elected (infrastructure) and unseated a career politician who was out of touch with his constituents. Congrats to her.

BTW...do you consider Route 28 to be a liberal cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I hadn’t heard of her. I listened to an interview she did after being declared winner. She carried the day with class, didn’t beat up on the loser, focused on the local issues that got her elected (infrastructure) and unseated a career politician who was out of touch with his constituents. Congrats to her.

BTW...do you consider Route 28 to be a liberal cause?
    A liberal cause? Yes. Infrastructure projects tend to be a liberal cause.

Do I consider infrastructure projects to be environmentally friendly? No.

Local elections here were pretty boring, however an underdog item in near-by Denver was the green roof initiative. It requires all new buildings over 25,000 sq feet to have a portion of the roof dedicated to garden space and/or solar panels. It is ahead right now, but very close and may require further counting.

One headline I read said, dems win big coast to coast. I'm thinking a Trump backlash might be brewing for 2018.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Local elections here were pretty boring, however an underdog item in near-by Denver was the green roof initiative. It requires all new buildings over 25,000 sq feet to have a portion of the roof dedicated to garden space and/or solar panels. It is ahead right now, but very close and may require further counting.

One headline I read said, dems win big coast to coast. I'm thinking a Trump backlash might be brewing for 2018.
    Does this mean I could be in compliance with a roof top hydroponic marijuana patch? What a town!

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Does this mean I could be in compliance with a roof top hydroponic marijuana patch? What a town!
    I'm not sure if open grow operations would comply with the state laws and city zoning, but I could see it coming up. In the mean time a person still might be able to "have a drink on the house" so to speak. And do it while gardening, to boot.

I could challenge the benefits vs cost, but it's pretty obviously intended to improve the environment and reduce what they call an inner city heat sink.

It was a pretty disappointing night for Republicans overall.

It could be that Trump succeeded where Clinton failed in overcoming the Democrats' "enthusiasm gap".

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post

It could be that Trump succeeded where Clinton failed in overcoming the Democrats' "enthusiasm gap".
    Sad but true.

"When asked about Bob Marshall, Danica Roem said “I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.” "

Well played!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    "When asked about Bob Marshall, Danica Roem said “I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.” "

Well played!
    You can say that again!

Thread Information