In the ever-continuing saga of me trying to put my KitchenAid mixer back together...........
I am able to ask an online tech, but he won't be back until next week.
Here's my problem: I discovered either this old model didn't have the right number of fiber washers (4), and I only have 3....or I had 4 and one was sucked out of the universe when I wasn't looking. I'll probably find one embedded in one of my jigsaw puzzles, or stuck on the bottom of someone's shoe.......but I've looked everywhere and the 4th one is nowhere to be found.

I was going to order the part from the company that this tech works out of, but the one washer is $4.77, but the shipping is $6.50. I don't mind paying that shipping if it's for a more complicated KitchenAid part, but not for a washer!
So.....do you think I can buy a cheap fiber washer that's pretty much the same size as the others at a local hardware store? I suppose it's possible that it was left out at the factory, but I don't want to take any chances.

For those of you who know this type of stuff, what do you think I can safely do?

Thanks!

(Whatever will I do with my life when I get this thing put together??)