Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Question - how many close friends of colour do you have? OR How to be a friend

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Clarify this please. Too many to choose from or not feeling comfortable with any particular one? Maybe I don't understand the challenge of choosing a best man. Some best man choices last a long time but others are short-term as are bridesmaids.

Had a delightful experience of knowing a best man being a woman and both the marriage and friendship thrived in comfort.
    Your definition means I would have many "close friends" to choose from. My view of close friendships, means that I wouldn't be able to fill the position, let alone the other positions. Best man, is just as an example, which would first require being close to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Razz, maybe you should start with, how many close friends do you have?
    Close friends, I think needs better defining.
    I have few "close" friends never have had close friends. Really it all depended where I lived. Growing up in the north we had zero other than white at our public schools. 18 moving to San Antonio I was the only white girl waiting tables most the time, so for those couple years all my friends were of Mexican descent. Living in TN for a few years it was a very mixed area so all friends were of assorted races.

Back in the north again, well it's just the area we live. I found all the people I have ever became friends with all shared the same interests or spot in life as I did.