Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question -- How many close LGBTQQIA friends do you have?

Question -- How many close LGBTQQIA friends do you have?

How many close LGBTQQIA friends do you have?

None that I am aware of because it is not something that registers with me unless the individual makes his/her orientation obvious. I suspect that younger people who are of dating age and interested would be more alert to this. I definitely am past that stage, thank heavens.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    None that I am aware of because it is not something that registers with me unless the individual makes his/her orientation obvious. I suspect that younger people who are of dating age and interested would be more alert to this. I definitely am past that stage, thank heavens.
    Come on! This is your chance to do some virtue signaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    How many close LGBTQQIA friends do you have?
    several men, probably 5 or 6. And many acquaintances.

When DH went out for his 60th birthday dinner, I asked him ”who you want to go with us?” He chose two gay men.

A bunch. DH and I have a theatre background. . And as I mentioned in another post, I tend to fall in love with gay guys.

And my DIL has a transgendered female to male brother.

And to be honest, I don't mean to flaunt stereotypes, but my DH has a strong feminine side and I have a strong masculine side. He cries at the drop of a hat and he's the one that develops our social network, and he dresses me--he has fantastic taste. I bring home the bacon, pride myself on my stoicism, and can usually figure out how do put things together. But who knows what that means? We're probably all LGBTQQIA to some extent.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Two that I know of. And they both had to tell me. I've never been much good at reading people that way. I have the gift of insensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I have the gift of insensitivity.
    Sometimes a little "blindness" is not a bad thing.

Of close friends, one is bisexual (she told me; otherwise I would never have figured it out myself). If the others are, they'll have to tell me (if they want me to know). I'm always the last person to figure out that a co-worker or celebrity was LGBTQQIA. Matters to me as much as hair color or one's political stance*; IOW, it doesn't.

* I am very sensitive to the stated worldview matching "the talk". A person cannot claim to me to be a faithful disciple of Jesus while they demonstrate prejudice and a distinct disregard for "the poorest among you". I have some Libertarian friendquaintances (really, they have the card); while I don't agree with their worldview, I respect that they conduct their own lives following libertarian principles. That synchronization means a lot to me.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

A few that I know, and a few more that haven't told me in so many words. I kinda take the Rod Stewart approach from his song "The Killing of Georgie":

"Georgie boy was gay I guess,
    nothing more, nothing less.
    He was the kinda guy I've ever known".
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

If you are using the "A" as "Ally", then all of my close friends. The majority also would seemingly qualify for at least one of the other special letters.

But my sample is biased.

SPQR

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    If you are using the "A" as "Ally", then all of my close friends. The majority also would seemingly qualify for at least one of the other special letters.

But my sample is biased.

SPQR
    The Senate and People of Rome?

Thread Information