Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do with 2 lbs of ground pork

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I recently discovered the usefulness of ground pork in making all kinds of wonderful dishes. Safeway sells ground pork sausage, spicy ground pork sausage, and Italian sausage in rolls, in the cured meat section for some reason, and I regularly lay it way in the freezer for soups and breakfast dishes. I've never tried putting it in either chili or meat loaf, which makes me way late to the party.

Can you get skull and crossbones stickers?
    ^……………Now that was funny!

I almost always don't eat pork. If I had ground pork and had to, it would be sausage and gravy and homemade biscuits. Or again make it up like sausage and use it in a cornbread stuffing.

I use ground pork for 2 reasons: 1- to combine with ground beef for meatloaf or 2) for steamed pork dumplings. OMGosh, I love the latter. They are a bit of work, but SO good.
    This is pretty close to my recipe; I add a bit of dry sherry to my mix.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14759/pork-dumplings/
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

Pork hamburgers
    +1!

Good ground pork has more flavour than beef, IMO, so I prefer it for meatballs, meatloaf, chili etc. i will buy about 2-3lbs of ground pork and cook it all then freezing after into meal portions. I simply haul out the portion and make whatever I fancy that day - hamburger soup, stir-fry, hash...
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Since ground beef burgers are called hamburgers would a ground pork burger be called a steak burger?

Burrito's, as the best ones I ever had were from a local restaurant that is no more. Also wondered about putting it in Lasagna or such. Burgers, cook up some and toss it into beans and such.

This thread is making me hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Since ground beef burgers are called hamburgers would a ground pork burger be called a steak burger?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    It's funny you say that (in more than one way)--we had a local chain restaurant here in my town (recently shuttered). It's best sandwich was a ground pork burger. The name of the restaurant? Steakburger.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/a...r-anniversary/
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Chili, with nice Hatch green chilis

Sausage, made fresh (no need to put it into casings, hand-shaped patties do fine)
    I have never been able to find the right spices to put in ground pork,
    (or any ground meat for that matter) to produce decent sausage;
    all my attempts were dismal failures.

Dunno if anyone could suggest what spices to use...

Thread Information