Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My counselor canceled our appointment

Frugal, I too would urge you to keep the appointment. It won't hurt and may help.

Well, I went. Cried a lot. Don't know if I feel any better. She asked me what I wanted to get out of the sessions. I'm not quite sure--I guess I want, overall, to be able to deal with my life better in all its aspects: work, marriage, family relationships, my own psyche. I have another appointment in about two weeks.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Frugalone, is it possible to choose one small change that you can make to build your sense of accomplishment and confidence? Sometimes starting small is the best way rather than looking at the whole scene and being overwhelmed.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I suppose that is a good idea. Eating an elephant one bite at a time, and all that. I will need to think and/or journal about that.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Frugalone, is it possible to choose one small change that you can make to build your sense of accomplishment and confidence? Sometimes starting small is the best way rather than looking at the whole scene and being overwhelmed.

Like Razz, I think some kind of counseling that would have you taking action--however small--would be a good direction. It seems like there should be a limit to talk therapy. Good luck to you.

She asked me if I just wanted to come in and vent. I think I want more than that. I can do that in my journal, you know? I agree: something with concrete steps/action is what I need.

What about asking for her help in defining and setting small goals?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

razz, I will do that. Thanks.

Thread Information