Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is wrong with people, reality check

Suzanne, not sure I was giving that impression. I did apologize for not thinking when I sent the text and then sent a better one. Throughout the last couple of months I have shared that I want her to take care of herself and encouraged her to see a DR since she did not seem to feel well. Not a shining moment to send a short text but also not the entire picture. I was able to sit with her for about a minute yesterday and I am working on seeing how we can support if she needs regular time off. If you have never worked something like a youth summer camp I think it is hard to imagine that I literally have had no time to sit with her, but I did tell her I wish I had more time.

I am not sure I understand where I am demanding empathy and special accommodations, but that is not something we need to agree on.

ZG as a retired teacher I remember having zero time to breathe. I saw nothing wrong with the text. Just me. You have a lot to handle.

I couldn't be much more self-contained, but I've never had a conversation about "boundaries" or "being open" with anyone, let alone in a work situation. Has the workplace changed so much?

My Hispanic SO has the personality of a St. Bernard puppy, but I can't imagine him having that conversation either, though he's been a manager a few times. I'll have to ask him...

I would love to know Jane, the open thing really threw me. I have actually heard it in romantic relationships pretty much from everyone. I warm up slowly, really awkward here so that is why I brought up boundaries. I can't think that I have ever said the word boundaries at work or heard others say it, usually I can say different things like about customer service or professionalism that get the message across.

edited to add: I am totally weirded out now that the only other context I have heard that I am not 'open' in is romantic relationships. Probably making too much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I would love to know Jane, the open thing really threw me. I have actually heard it in romantic relationships pretty much from everyone. I warm up slowly, really awkward here so that is why I brought up boundaries. I can't think that I have ever said the word boundaries at work or heard others say it, usually I can say different things like about customer service or professionalism that get the message across.

edited to add: I am totally weirded out now that the only other context I have heard that I am not 'open' in is romantic relationships. Probably making too much of it.
    Ha! That's all you need to add to your already stressful situation--a lecherous boss!

Seriously, Zoe, document. If he makes you uncomfortable, document and report.

Gift of fear, etc.

Tybee, oh fu*% , it may be nothing in the end but i will put it in my notes, i already have notes on our conversations, times i don't get answers i need, visits,etc.

OK, now I see why you don't want hi to shadow you... so I will add to my other comments, DO NOT be Anywhere with him where you cannot be seen by others, especially in your small office. Pre plan another meeting space, staff lunchroom, cafeteria, library, outside on a bench in the middle of the quad...

Thread Information