Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tax Reform: Will You Pay MORE or LESS income tax?

Looks good to me. Ill be stocking up on the Makers 46 and Woodford Reserve myself. Not sure how much I’ll be saving yet, every few thousand helps though.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Looks good to me. Ill be stocking up on the Makers 46 and Woodford Reserve myself. Not sure how much I’ll be saving yet, every few thousand helps though.
    Perhaps you will be feeling so gleeful that you’ll share some of that with the ones who only get $10?

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Hmmm.. you're kidding, but I'm serious. OK, no windmill, and I already have a beautiful restored vintage clawfoot tub connected to a septic field, so no composting toilet. But I'm thinking solar in the near future for sure. Why not?
    Why not indeed! I am having a grand time designing my tiny house in the mountains of Tennessee (pensions aren’t taxed there) and one of my energy sources will be solar power.

Even though it looks like we will save a little $ I am totally against this tax cut. The rich will really benefit, our deficit sky rockets and then they will try to cut SS and Medicare and you will have old people having to decide between meds and food, etc. I think the rich want the old people to die faster so they won't be a burden on society. Unfortunately, many wealthy people don't care about others and the middle class is quickly disappearing. This current administration is really ruining this country.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Even though it looks like we will save a little $ I am totally against this tax cut. The rich will really benefit, our deficit sky rockets and then they will try to cut SS and Medicare and you will have old people having to decide between meds and food, etc. I think the rich want the old people to die faster so they won't be a burden on society. Unfortunately, many wealthy people don't care about others and the middle class is quickly disappearing. This current administration is really ruining this country.
    Im thinking about exercising my option to decline the tax cut and forward more than my share back to the IRS where that money will be put to good use by the government and mediate the burgeoning deficit. Okay, that was long enough. Maybe I’ll get a new guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Rogar....I will definitely have to up my game a weeee bit on the Makers Mark if I am going to make room for next years tax break.
    I calculated that if I can max out my two alcoholic beverages a day limit I'll get maybe a 6 or 7 month supply of our wimpy Colorado craft beer. If I shop sales. Something to shoot for.

Unfortunately, Washington voters--in their infinite wisdom--voted for privatization of liquor sales, enabling us to stand around in the aisle at Safeway waiting for some entry-level employee to open the vault so we can pick our poison. And then pay a much higher price for it. I never bought much liquor when it was a cheaper and more pleasant experience, but I depend on the kindness of Oregonian friends to supply me now.

very odd, you can just pick up liquor with your food here at any grocery, trader joe etc. and it's not locked up (or liquor stores or stores that just sell beverages - if you are that serious about your alcohol I guess). Can't imagine a neighborhood quite bad enough to keep it locked up really, well maybe the really expensive stuff but not the cheap stuff.

$1000 or so is nothing in the grand scheme of things,it's nothing to me and I'm pinching the unemployed pennies here, but what is it, one months rent, pfft like I said I'd rather have the hope of social security some day (it's not an immediate hope alas, unfortunately I'm nowhere near that age now). Plus it doesn't even mean just potential cuts to retirement programs but it's not EVEN a tax cut in the long run, as changing the inflation measure for taxes as they are doing will even eat that up so taxes on the middle class at any rate will be back up where they were in a few years, yes even the Bush refund was likely more honest.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Unfortunately, Washington voters--in their infinite wisdom--voted for privatization of liquor sales, enabling us to stand around in the aisle at Safeway waiting for some entry-level employee to open the vault so we can pick our poison. And then pay a much higher price for it. I never bought much liquor when it was a cheaper and more pleasant experience, but I depend on the kindness of Oregonian friends to supply me now.
    Well, we can't even get it at the supermarket, vault or no vault, nor can we get it in convenience stores. New Jersey only sells liquor, including beer and wine, in liquor stores, and there are a limited number of very exorbitant liquor licenses in each town. So, for instance, a new Trader Joe's just opened a couple of miles up the road, but alas! No two-buck Chuck for me because there were no liquor licenses available in that town for TJ to buy.

It's a little weird, but OTOH, I don't mind. I might drink more than I needed to if I had a chance to pop a bottle in the cart every time I went out for bananas. Now I'll be on the way home from food shopping and I'll ask myself, do I really want to fight traffic and sit at lights for the next 10 minutes just to go to BuyRite for a bottle of wine? And I usually answer, nah.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Never knew there were such wide variances in liquor sales. Here in IN, we cannot buy on Sunday but groceries have it all and I think they are fighting to get cold beer in convenience stores. Dont buy much ever but it is always there to buy.

Thread Information