Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The wife got a new car

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Alan -that is beyond ridiculous! Many jobs no longer come with health insurance and people in those jobs can't afford it.
    A lot of jobs don't come with housing, food, or clothing, and a lot of people in those jobs can't afford those things.

Williamsmith
    I would be satisfied if Alan just bought me a Hyundai. But please, no Fiat.

Alan -that is beyond ridiculous! Many jobs no longer come with health insurance and people in those jobs can't afford it.
    Luckily, if they can't afford the insurance they can just pay the fine. I'd rather be sick at home than well in jail, but that's just me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I would be satisfied if Alan just bought me a Hyundai. But please, no Fiat.
    I love my new Fiat/Maserati!

Bae, you are not a stupid man and you know you are making a silly argument. Jobs have never come with the items you mentioned but frequently came with HI. If you leave the free market insurance system alone people with pre-existing conditions will only be able to get insurance that excludes these conditions but you already know that. I think you and Alan are just being ridiculous on purpose so done with this thread. Enjoy being annoying among yourselves.

Enjoy being annoying among yourselves.
    I'm sorry you find it annoying to find that when you (the collective you) encouraged the government to assume the power to force citizens to purchase a product, you gave them the power to force you to buy anything they deem necessary to achieve a political or social goal.

I find it annoying that we've been put in this position.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Bae, you are not a stupid man and you know you are making a silly argument. Jobs have never come with the items you mentioned but frequently came with HI. If you leave the free market insurance system alone people with pre-existing conditions will only be able to get insurance that excludes these conditions but you already know that. I think you and Alan are just being ridiculous on purpose so done with this thread. Enjoy being annoying among yourselves.
    The Supreme Court determining that now every person who walks amongst us in these United States needs to buy a product is something I seriously cannot wrap my head around. It is completely wrong. The Supremes are WRONG. Justice Roberts is WRONG.

Pay for healthcare for all, tax everyone up the ass for it, put the country far deeper into debt, whatever. Those are stupid, short sighted decisions but they are bizness as usual in D.C. This ACA mandate and the Supreme Court decision to uphold it is a sea change. There is nothing else like it.

I am always surprised to hear that other people dont see that. It is more than annoying, it is WRONG. It is dumping tea into the port level WRONG.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-17-17 at 11:44pm.

Seems like we are mandated to pay for a lot of things not everyone likes, but somehow by someone's idea benefits our national welfare and or economy. Military spending for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Seems like we are mandated to pay for a lot of things not everyone likes, but somehow by someone's idea benefits our national welfare and or economy. Military spending for example.
    Not at all. If you dont pay income tax, you dont pay for military.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Not at all. If you dont pay income tax, you dont pay for military.
    One of the reasons I, as a pacific individual, have structured my income so as to rarely pay federal income tax over the last 20 years.

Thread Information