Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: The wife got a new car

  1. #11
    Senior Member dmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    The federal government has already established that it can force me to *not* grow grain on my own farm to feed to my own livestock on that same farm. Even if the grain and the livestock never leave the state.

    So they can pretty much tell us to buy iPhones if they want.
    Can’t you just get paid from the government to not farm the land, and then buy grain?

  2. #12
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Can’t you just get paid from the government to not farm the land, and then buy grain?
    I believe that is why they nailed the grain farmer, he was playing the wrong game.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,588
    I donít think itís fair that you can guys can afford a BMW and my wife can only afford a Toyota. Whereís my subsidy?
    obviously your wife didn't marry right, she should have sold her wares to a higher bidder.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,757
    People need health insurance but don't need a new car.

  5. #15
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    People need health insurance but don't need a new car.
    It doesn't matter what people do or do not need, the point is that we must force everyone to purchase the product we wish them to have, otherwise others will suffer. In the case of healthcare, it's the underinsured, in the case of the next GM bailout, it will be the autoworkers.
    The Supreme Court has validated the government's authority to force the mandate upon us, now the government can use that authority in other areas.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,757
    You are assuming a slippery slope that I think only people that are paranoid about government will accept. Also you don't have to buy HI because you can pay the penalty.

  7. #17
    Senior Member razz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,531
    I really hope that you are joking about the car renewal
    Last edited by razz; 11-17-17 at 5:03pm.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

  8. #18
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Also you don't have to buy HI because you can pay the penalty.
    That's an absurd response.

  9. #19
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    You are assuming a slippery slope that I think only people that are paranoid about government will accept. Also you don't have to buy HI because you can pay the penalty.
    That's true, so in the case of the next GM bailout, you can perhaps buy your way out of purchasing a new (government approved) car, just make sure you pay the fine because when they send armed agents to your house to collect, it may be too late. That's the mark of a truly benevolent government, don't you think?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,757
    Alan -that is beyond ridiculous! Many jobs no longer come with health insurance and people in those jobs can't afford it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •