Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Say it Ain't So, Charlie Rose..........

I slapped the s**t out of the guy who pinched my butt in high school. He hit the ground. I’ll agree not to charge him with assault if he agrees not to charge me.

i just asked dh if he wants to be ceo of his company and he rolled his eyes at me.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm sure that guy whose ass I grabbed forty years ago will speak up.
    Statute of limitations. It's how Cosby has avoided jail. So you don't need to worry.

I realize I risk being lynched but what ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty?"

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I slapped the s**t out of the guy who pinched my butt in high school. He hit the ground. I’ll agree not to charge him with assault if he agrees not to charge me.

i just asked dh if he wants to be ceo of his company and he rolled his eyes at me.
    Just the right response, Chicken Lady. I'm sure he didn't bother you further. My grabby co-worker didn't attempt a repeat performance. And we remained friendly. Simple solutions--if practical--are always best.

UL, Jane and I confessed. I don’t know about Jane, but I definitely hit him.

Realistically speaking, do you think this is just a phase and a fad that is being fed by the media? Or, do you think that things will change? If things change, it will be a huge shift in thinking.

I have hope - smoking has reduced, drunk driving has reduced so maybe sexual abuse will be less tolerated.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Rose: “It is essential that these women know I hear them and that I deeply apologize for my inappropriate behavior. I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken."

Another poor "male bumbler," simply clueless, time after time, decade after decade, woman after woman.

As a partial answer to "whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?" a) the phrase applies in a criminal context and no one is being sent to jail; b) many of the actions being discussed are inappropriate but not necessarily crimes, so there will never be a day in court to "prove" the person guilty; c) even if they are crimes, the chances of something like this getting prosecuted are extremely slim; d) even if the alleged acts are not crimes, that doesn't mean an employer has to continue to associate itself with a person accused of such conduct, or that a voter wants to vote for him, etc.; e) some of the accused apparently are not "innocent" (have admitted the acts and/or stepped down/resigned voluntarily), others have not been found "guilty" but for now are merely suspended or similar while the allegations are investigated.

Williamsmith
    I’m beginning to think a series of sexual harassment trading cards might sell. The back of the Charlie Rose card could have his statistics and a caption something like, “Charlie always believed he was batting a thousand when really he was always striking out.” PBS most valuable player. CBS rookie of the year.

Yppej
    My son's Yu gi oh cards had lots of monsters, so there's precedent.

When Charlie Rose used to guest host the evening news I always changed the channel because he spoke so slowly it annoyed me. And he really thought he was Mr. Smooth?

In the late 70’s, while in the file room at work (tight aisles), a male co-worker brushed by me and his front parts touched my anterior side. Accident or intentional, I don’t know. Do I have a case? I am not making light of any inappropriate sexual encounter but I think anyone can be found guilty of something wrong or illegal if lives are micro inspected to the nth degree.

Thread Information