Thread: Fun story - Newfoundland kitchen party at the airport

Fun story - Newfoundland kitchen party at the airport

This is so typical of the Newfy folks. If you haven't seen the Come from Away musical play about the flights that landed at Gander during the 9/11 crisis, enjoy these pictures of a delayed flight at Toronto's Pearson Airport.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...port-1.4411678
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

The 9/11 hospitality stories were a heart-warming counterpoint to that sad time.

That is awesome! Remind me of the parties my MIL/DH loved to have with everyone singing Scottish party pieces.

What better way is there to make the best of a situation than a good sing-song? Thanks for sharing, razz! I'd love to see that musical... I've always wondered what Gander is like.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Boy, tell the Mountie you are havin' a piece of moose!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The 9/11 hospitality stories were a heart-warming counterpoint to that sad time.
    I was in Canada on an archaeological expedition for the week before and 4 weeks after 9/11.

The Canadian people were so awesome during that time. (I mean, they usually are anyway, but this time more so.)

While the attacks were going on, the lodge we were at brought out TVs for the Americans to watch the coverage, and provided a supply of coffee and baked goods as we all sat there stunned.

Thread Information