Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moving, buyer's remorse, anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Did I say that? Oh my goodness, what was I thinking.
    hey, it was a very good thought!

Not to fuel your worries, but here we are in our early 60s remodeling this house. That was not the plan (or the worry) but in order to resell it someday and to create some beauty for ourselves while we're in it, it is getting done little by little. I guess it is keeping us busy in a sense as we tear things out and figure out how to make it better. DH just installed some nice wainscoting and an oak handrail on the once very plain staircase. Fixing up houses is something we've been doing since our early 20s but...our next domicile in a few years will not be one. Just very grateful to have a mortgage-free roof over our heads.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Not to fuel your worries, but here we are in our early 60s remodeling this house. That was not the plan (or the worry) but in order to resell it someday and to create some beauty for ourselves while we're in it, it is getting done little by little. I guess it is keeping us busy in a sense as we tear things out and figure out how to make it better. DH just installed some nice wainscoting and an oak handrail on the once very plain staircase. Fixing up houses is something we've been doing since our early 20s but...our next domicile in a few years will not be one. Just very grateful to have a mortgage-free roof over our heads.
    Yes, we have that now, a house in need of a lot of fixing, but no mortgage.
    That is the majority of what is freaking me out, that the new house is taking on a mortgage, and I hate that.

Our house was a foreclosure and needed a lot of work but we paid cash and had the $ and time to completely fix it up before moving in. Once moved we sold our other house. This was 5 years ago. I lack the patience at this age to live in a construction zone. I am good at making sure things get fixed immediately by either having DH do it or hiring it out. When young we had to work on a house as we could afford to fix it and glad we don't have to do that anymore. I read that you should never let a buyer move in before closing because they will find more things wrong with the house and will either cancel the deal or expect you to fix them. Glad it worked out WS.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Glad it worked out WS.
    I was planning to stage my own death , have my wife collect the life insurance and meet me in a remote mountain home in Idaho.......order all our supplies from amazon shipped to a post office box address and live a hermits life .......if it didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I was planning to stage my own death , have my wife collect the life insurance and meet me in a remote mountain home in Idaho.......order all our supplies from amazon shipped to a post office box address and live a hermits life .......if it didn’t.
    We have plenty of those available

I cannot believe all the experiences you are all going through; but looking back, I see that we bought our first farm with a house and barn that needed a huge amount of work to make it truly habitable and workable but one forgets the energy one has in early years when one had lots of of enthusiasm and little money.
    Thanks for sharing all these stories.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information