Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Closing and a Closure and an Opening

Quote Originally Posted by Tenngal View Post
    re: the mid-century modern bedroom furniture. This stuff is "in" right now. Should be able to sell quickly.
    Exactly! It went in one afternoon.

On another note: we JUST learned 10 minutes ago that our offer on the Grand Isle home was accepted!!!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Exactly! It went in one afternoon.

On another note: we JUST learned 10 minutes ago that our offer on the Grand Isle home was accepted!!!!
    HOORAY!!!!!!

Wonderful to hear!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

A new adventure begins!

Grand Isle! One of my favorite spots! Congratulations.

Sounds like things are moving right along. Does this mean your house goes on the market now?

Fantastic, Catherine. It's been a long road but you should be relieved that all of your hard work has paid off and now you can start enjoying your life as you wish.

Congrats all the way around!!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Lots of progress, catherine! Congratulations, especially on the Grand Isle house. Forward!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Sounds like things are moving right along. Does this mean your house goes on the market now?
    We will start the process by attacking the stuff we need to get rid of. Then we'll make minor repairs/improvements. I'm not in a huge rush. I'm guessing we could hold on to our house for 18 months/two years, which isn't a problem for me. This area is appreciating and I'll just continue to bank equity.

I know that financially it doesn't seem smart to hold on to two homes, but this is more of a "main residence" vs "summer residence" situation, no different than people who have a condo in Florida. But as time goes on and my desire or ability to work declines and I am no longer willing to support the NJ house (within 2-4 years), we'll sell, and by that time I'll have downsized and learned how to contain ourselves and our belongings in 700 square feet full time.

I'm very excited, however. And my kids are over the moon about it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information